• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eastern Longhunters Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkhorse

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anybody put together or seen one of the "Eastern Longhunter Bags" from Crazy Crow?
This is a linen type bag instead of leather. I am curious about this bag as I think it will be lighter than leather. A persistent neck problem drives me to "lighten the load".

I have several linen and canvas bags and they probably are a little lighter but most of the weight comes from what I carry in mine. I doubt if your neck would know the difference unless you have a real heavy leather bag.

I agree. I have a couple surplus military bags from "Cheaper Than Dirt" The bag is only 10 or 15% of what is inside.

How about a belt pouch? I sometimes hop out with just my powder horn, a bullet block on a neck thong, and everything else in a single pocket 7" x 7" hunting bag on a wide (2-3/4") leather belt along with a multi-purpose sheath knife. That is my preferred hunting set-up. Few shots needed anyway and less to snag on cover. Several places (like October Country) have them every bit as large as shoulder bags.

Gonna need a belt or sash anyway to hold your capote or blanket coat closed and a big 'ol rifleman's knife on the other side.

Stumpkillers suggestion of a belt bag is a good one.I have a leather pouch that the Canadaian Mounted Police wore as part of the standard uniform,some one bought the bag just to get the emblem,I bought the bag for a buck.It holds all the gear needed for a days hunt.I mostly wear it in the back,so it is less likely to catch brush. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Same here...I'm not yet a purist and my hunts are usually mornings within 30 minutes walk to the truck where all the backup gear is...so I use a belt pouch for all the normal gear possibles to keep the hunt going plus a few reloads

I have both shoulder bags and belt bags. I just wanted some feedback on the item from Crazy Crow as I have never seen one in person and I think it looks neat on their website.
Thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Back