• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Schoultz (MIA)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Reading good referrals on this and other sites I ordered his book on BP Accuracy System last month and after repeated emails and this mornings phone call (no longer a working #)I thought I might save members some time/money and share my experience : :td: :

Probably because I thought I was dealing with someone who is advertising all over the internet and due to positive reviews I wasted a month of my time/money which I just cancelled (pain in the butt) see original post for REASONS ! What about other folks who do not even know about this forum ? So no this is just the start there are more forums that I am a member of (Yup I am not a happy camper :cursing: )

I'm sure there is a good reason why he hasn't responded through the methods of contact in which you referred to. I would suggest contacting him through this site.I've always known Dutch to be a man of his word...

I can understand your frustration.

I have known Dutch on the internet for over 20 years. I have even met him one evening several years ago when in St. Louis for work.

I have witnessed Dutch give away some of his shooting stuff, for free to people that were getting started and needed it.

Dutch is a good guy and I suggest you give him a second chance.

Not sure what the lack of communication issues are, but I bet when Dutch sees your original post he will contact you ASAP, that is the kind of person he is.

Perhaps his spam filter caught your emails and he never saw them.

Fleener

Thanks I guess I"m not the most patient man ( I"m the buzzard pictured in the tree) but the phone listed out of service TOO?

Ya just gotta cut Dutch some slack. He is 89 years old and almost legally blind. He is a very good man and worthy of your patience. I know he will respond to all messages that he receives. Don't give up on him, he is a good man.
BTW, his system is not actually a book, it is a collection of papers that he has written on all aspects of muzzleloading accuracy. I have a copy that I put into a binder. It is a treasure to me.

Why don't you post a link to the site where you ordered it so people can verify it.....Anyone can build their own website....? Maybe you got scammed by someone else....

There are a number of possible explanations...Try not to Pre-judge until you have some facts...

Dutch is a good man and knows how to ring more accuracy out of a front stuffer than anyone extant, maybe quite possibly anyone who's ever lived on this Earth.

Obviously, the OP is freaking out for no good reason. Just give it some more time, you don't know Dutch's schedule and I am sure he isn't trying to do you wrong.

At this point! all we have is an unsubstantiated claim.....I'm waiting for evidence from both sides..Dutch ain't no "newbie", and has a good reputation....

Guess I'll pull up a chair. :pop:

Wait no more/ link provided on this site/thread look it up about a month ago .Never said he was a bad man /did not know subject,the fact I bought the book kinda says something about that and don"t appreciate
comments never made by me (so start your own thread )
for make believe!Just making members aware of my experience , you can take it or leave it ,I never had the pleasure of meeting /conversing/phone call or even a reply to several emails as all of your posts indicate . The fact that you all think highly of the man truly indicates he is worthy but I have to ask what did I do to get such garbage for pointing out a rather disappointing experience and perhaps saving someone else from same I guess rush to judgement goes both ways and I just got an education on attitude here !See Ya

Smokey Plainsman said:
Obviously, the OP is freaking out for no good reason.

I have had no problems with Dutch. Have his "Papers" and we have communicated online. He's a knowledgeable and helpful guy.

That said, I don't think the OP is freaking out for no good reason. Not everyone knows Dutch and when you place an order with a "business" and then get no response via email and the phone is not turned on anymore, and you've waited a month, it is certainly cause for a customer to express concern and discontentment.

Now, maybe there is a scammer site, or whatever, though if I was a scammer I'd pick something bigger than selling a few $20 papers every now and then when I set it up. :idunno:

Just because we all like Dutch doesn't mean the OP doesn't have a right to be concerned or feel like he wasted his time.

Now hold on.....You're babbling.

Did you pay any money?
If so How?
Who did You pay?
Who did you email?
Who did you call?
What number did you call?

All of these things are verifiable....

You are not giving us any information.

Have you tried contacting Dutch here on the forum?

Did you watch your e-mail including your spam filter? I got my copy in less than 2 days, received on 1-10-17. It was an e-book, PDF file. Eighty pages illustrated in color. I had bought it as a gift for a friend so I forwarded the e-mail to him and he printed it out. I built it up real big talking to him and when he got back to me he told me it was everything I had said it was and a lot more.

The e-mail details:
Subject: My Accuracy System

Man, you got the Cadillac version. Mine was mailed and great reading.

If I recall he don't take charge cards. Checks and cash.

Received two emails. Received check, package in the mail, another week or so later if I had any questions on what he wrote and could he help me with anything.

He seems pretty active on this forum for 89 years old and limited sight. Said he has sold 20,000 copies over how Many years?

Pretty good reputation if you ask me.

Cancelled? Charge Card? Hope it was a stop payment on a check as he lives in a one bedroom Apartment?

This is muzzleloading, where the barter system and hard coin rule like rondy's. Don't take no charge card, new fangled thingy ain't good for man or beast.

jdw276 said:
Cancelled? Don't take no charge card, new fangled thingy ain't good for man or beast.

A credit card protects your purchase...The card company can reverse the charges...I have had to do this on several occasions....

A credit card is the best way to go...Never send cash unless you're willing to lose it...
Checks are now obsolete.

Understood. Rondy's vendors usually don't have a card machine. Cash on the barrels head. Don't think Dutch takes cards is the point. Has the check been cashed? If not over that time, may never have received it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back