• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Duelist1954 Lecture on 18th Century Smoothbore Shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'd have FAR preferred a video of the event itself, the attendees, activities etc., it might be a stretch to call the vid "boring". Just criticizing the guy's weight is ridiculously out of line, though.

You don’t always have to be entertained, entertainer is nice, even with serious information.
But
I’ve learned a lot from Mike, and several others, who aren’t the best performers.
Black Powder Manic is corny, but just fun.
11Bang bang channel is like going to a shoot, just having fun with the boys.
Anyway, it’s your free time, you spend it how you want, but I’ve found many of the amateur you tube vids more enjoyable then TV

All right, all right. This is my last post on this discussion. In my honest, unfiltered opinion, Mike Beliveau is the most well prepared, articulate, and well spoken presenters of muzzleloading on Youtube. I can tell he's been a professional writer for years by the way he speaks. This is what keeps me coming back to his videos. At the very least he can pronounce fusil de chasse correctly, albeit with a thick American accent. This is of course, excusable.

All right, all right. This is my last post on this discussion. In my honest, unfiltered opinion, Mike Beliveau is the most well prepared, articulate, and well spoken presenters of muzzleloading on Youtube. I can tell he's been a professional writer for years by the way he speaks. This is what keeps me coming back to his videos. At the very least he can pronounce fusil de chasse correctly, albeit with a thick American accent. This is of course, excusable.
Totally agree. Mike was the black powder shooting editor of Guns of the old West magazine. Did a great job. He is doing a great job at what he does now. If someone doesn't like what he does, it would probably behove them to just keep their mouths shut.... especially if they want to just belittle him. For someone to say something personal about him in a derogatory manner is..... well let's just say, it says a lot about the person making the remarks. People who attend the talks that Mike puts on have traveled for many miles in some instances and look forward to what he has to say. He gives examples of what he says to prove his points. If it is his opinion and not necessarily a fact, he will point that out. The people here belittling him here are no where near the expert on BP and BP guns are not nearly as informed as he is.. of this I am sure of. He doesn't know everything... but he is the first person to tell you if he doesn't know something. nuff said. flame on.

In my sporting life and in my professional life I have taken in many classes, some because of interest, some because they are required to maintain a license.

My view is that if I take away just one good idea I get good value for my time and money. An added plus is time spent among people with similar interests.

Information is just that - information. For some it is stuff already learned for others it is new. You listen and take what information you are looking for out of the video. Attacking or belittling someone is bulling plain and simple:mad:. If you don't find the information useful then keep it to yourself:ThankYou:

While I'd have FAR preferred a video of the event itself, the attendees, activities etc., it might be a stretch to call the vid "boring". Just criticizing the guy's weight is ridiculously out of line, though.

Well shallow minded people reveal themselves with shallow criticisms of others, those who focus on identifying fault in others; should first be working on resolving their own flaws.

Why does anyones appearance count for anything among reasonable people ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back