• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Duelist1954 Lecture on 18th Century Smoothbore Shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In
No. not until you stop smoking your grandads cigarellos and impersonating an Adams familiy member.....
interesting. And just how did you come by this information? Have you seen me somewhere? do you even know who I am? Or does it just make you feel like a big man to kick me around.

So what's the big deal saying the guy is boring? It's just an opinion just like everybody else has.
I could probably count the number of boobtube videos I have watched on one hand. I'd rather be out doing the stuff than watching some guy drone on over some subject I have been actually doing since 1980.
Building flintlocks professionally for 43 years. National champion smoothbore shooter. Teaching the trade for many years. I guess it's my fault I'm bored because I actually go out and do the stuff for real while others spend all day watching boobtube videos dreaming about how cool they would be if they could only waddle outside and do it.

What is boring is reading a thread about boorish behavior. I watched Mike’s video and overall enjoyed it. I have learned a great deal watching his other videos. Yes, I would generally rather “be out doing it” but realistically I can’t do that 24/7. There is some downtime at home and I would rather watch videos on a topic I am interested in than most TV shows. What I do greave about is the part of my life I will never get back from this thread. Also sad is some of the same people who have displayed the worst behavior have also posted and contributed greatly to the forum in the past. Does not excuse their bad behavior though.

Well, I tried three times to get through this entire video. I could not do it.
There is some good information here, but the long times when nothing is shown except a chart or other written material was a big turn off for me. I had time to read 10 times over what was on the screen while he droned on with his speech. He just did not hold my attention, so in general, I found this video too boring to watch it throughout. I skipped ahead a lot while watching it.
In my opinion he would have done better with more actual video of the guns, accoutrements, and techniques and less time showing a chart or other written material on the screen. Actually seeing him as he talks is much more attention keeping than him talking out of sight in the background while some stationary chart stays too long in view.
I hope you get my meaning.

In

interesting. And just how did you come by this information? Have you seen me somewhere? do you even know who I am? Or does it just make you feel like a big man to kick me around.

So what's the big deal saying the guy is boring? It's just an opinion just like everybody else has.
I could probably count the number of boobtube videos I have watched on one hand. I'd rather be out doing the stuff than watching some guy drone on over some subject I have been actually doing since 1980.
Building flintlocks professionally for 43 years. National champion smoothbore shooter. Teaching the trade for many years. I guess it's my fault I'm bored because I actually go out and do the stuff for real while others spend all day watching boobtube videos dreaming about how cool they would be if they could only waddle outside and do it.
Yes miss Markle.

I don't know who this guy is and don't care. But his droning on and on is awful. That's the main reason I don't spend any time on the boobtubes, most guys making videos have no talent for it.
Maybe spend more time on the “boobtubes”and less time insulting those who contribute to the black powder community. Mike is very informative and fortunately I’ve never seen him insult someone unlike you.
I'm assuming you don't shoot a smoothbore
I'm assuming you don't shoot a smoothbore
I’m assuming you’re not someone who is very pleasurable to be around. Maybe try to stop being so arrogant man.

Attachments

• 11694759_914655108601461_6199028287633111845_n.jpg
    11694759_914655108601461_6199028287633111845_n.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
In

Hey calm down, take a look at your Avatar here and read what I wrote again; or are you so easily "offended" ?

The video was essentially a mash up of several separate videos he's done in the past. You can look those up individually if the topic is of interest.

I find any information on shooting 20G fowling pieces to be of interest seeing as it's a challenge I'm yet to master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back