• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Does Everybody Shoot Muzzleloaders On The 4th?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering? I would assume yes, but would like to know?

Also, is it ok, and what it the best way to shoot a muzzleloader without a bullet?

I guess what I am asking about shooting blanks? I live in the burbs, and want to blast a few times!

I am of course aware of firearm safety and all!

Hi Power,
I was thinking about going to the range and doing some shooting with ball. I may do that on Saturday, however. I may just get the flint .54 pistol out and load up a few stiff charges of 3fg and blast at the sky. I have never been investigated by the police for this but I do live almost in the country, in a conservative part of the state. You might check before you blast. I wouldn't want you to have to call us for bail. :crackup:
God bless.
volatpluvia

Does everyone shoot muzzleloaders on the 4th????? I have kids who wouldn't know it is the 4th of July if they didn't smell burnt black powder. Man, I guess I am lucky, after reading your post about the problems at a range down there in South Florida, my heart goes out to you. My range is the backyard, that rural life you said you missed - I gues it is becoming more and more rare. Where I live (Pilot View,Ky - Google that one), if you didn't let loose the loudest bang you could on the 4th, New Year's Eve and when the correct guy is finally elected President - well lets just say they would question a few things about your... hell, you know! Stuff 200 gr. Ffg down the barrel and a few Wonder Wads or a hard card (shotgun) and let 'er rip! If they complain, tell the neighbors that is victory they are smellin!!!

High Power:

Since the local range is closed on the 4th, I will be shooting Bessie (Pedersoli Short Land Brown Bess) on the 3rd! ::

I would normally blast off a few on the 4th but not this year.
I get to celebrate my independence helping Iraqis gain theirs.
Blast off a few for me everyone!

Huntin

Huntin

I'm going tomorrow morning and Monday morning...I'll fire a salute for you and to you Huntin'...keep your head down over there!
:redthumb:

Huntin

Huntin.. it will be my pleasure to touch off a few for you. All of you stay safe over there. And Happy 4th of July to all on the forum also...

Huntin

Huntin.. it will be my pleasure to touch off a few for you. All of you stay safe over there. And Happy 4th of July to all on the forum also...

Me too, with a firefly tracer...

That little bug won't know what to think when I tape it to the top of the wad... :haha:

I plan on taking the new Bess carbine out Sunday. I will do a Salute to you and the rest of our troops over there. Stay safe.

Actually no, I usually don't. That's because I often have a gig on Independence Day. And this year is no exception. I'm playing in a parade.

Cruzatte

I'll be blasting away all weekend at the Vermont Renaissance Festival doing handgonne demos. We'll be touching off the beast, an artillery size handgonne, using 3 ounces of 4f per shot. Come check us out if you can!

The Vermont Renaissance Festival

Hey Claypipe,

Thanks for the link. This must be a fairly new event, huh? I lived in Fellow's B... er, I mean Bellows Falls for about 10 years before I moved here in '97. Enjoy the festivities.

well, I wasn't going to bother, but now I have to as a salute to hunting and his comrads...god bless you all, and the Republic too..Hank

The 12ga flinter is ready to rock come tonight. The one day of the year I can get away with it at my house!

Good luck

Huntin

You got it huntin!! Do me a favor....Stay safe over there. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I will be blasting a few "blanks" out of my kentucky flinter pistol. Wouldnt be the 4th without such goings-on now would it!!

I go to a real "flag waving" church... we have a tradition on "Independence Day Sunday" to wear red, white & blue clothes, then after the morning service, we have a potluck picnic outside and then about 20 or more of us go up to the state game lands and shoot clay birds - lots of shooters in my church (those "militant" Baptists! :haha:) We always have new "recruits" every year to shoot clays - it's great to get new people involved in shooting... I love seeing the look on their faces when they break their first targets... like " wow... this is a blast! - I know what I want for Christmas this year!"

I'll be the only one "making smoke", though! :thumbsup: Maybe I can "spark" some interest in blackpowder with them this year!

Latest posts

Back