• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

derringer so far,,,,DONE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome, aside from the shiny brass inlay it looks like you found it in an attic.

anybody have any old shot out or damaged barrels? I would like to usepart of old barrel for next project. prefer small caliber (.32 or .40)

You might want to check e-gunparts.com. They use to have quite a few barrel blanks that were pretty inexpensive. In fact, I bought a derringer barrel with a breech plug for under $20 from them one time. I wasn't impressed when I got it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
deringer mike said:
anybody have any old shot out or damaged barrels? I would like to usepart of old barrel for next project. prefer small caliber (.32 or .40)

Mike

Have you tried your local gunsmith?

I have gotten, over the years, new cut off barrels, and old shot out barrels. I have gotten some locks and parts. I have also gotten some nice wood from gunsmiths. Most for little to nothing.

I do them favors and don’t make a pest of my self and they treat me well.

Tinker2

I look for and buy "derelict" M/Ls at yard sales and gun shows, generally pay $10 - 50 and can get 4 or so barrels from each, plus a lock, hardware and one breech-plug...not a bad price. Cutting, drilling and re-tapping for a new plug isn't hard, and I cone everything now so that takes care of the muzzle end. Usually a hard afternoons work will clean the bore shootable, after all, these are pistols, not National Match pieces. And....all in all, it's fun for me at least.
John

thanks guys for all the suggestions,,living in Southern Calif. I don't have many local gunsmiths, and finding ML's at yard sales,,,,wouldn't that be heaven. I do have some Spanish derringer barrels that need to be slimmed down..I'll continue looking here and there....mike

Back