• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheellock at CLA by Dennis Priddy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhDBrewer

Buckskin Baxter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
At the Stoner Creek picnic, Dennis brought his beautiful, all hand made wheellock to share. WOW! He brought it to the CLA show and allowed me to study it for a couple of hours at our table. I wish I had taken more images. Did not bring my "real" camera. It was photographed for the CLA archive so high quality images should be available soon.
20230810_201715.jpg

20230811_101727.jpg

All the metalwork & woodwork was done by hand. He is a true craftsman! The inlays are ivory and the inlay is silver, I think the dolphin on the pan cover is gold. The barrel is etched to simulate a Damascus pattering.
Th small dog is a spit'in image of his best friend! He showed me photos and the spots are "spot" on!
20230815_075317.jpg

The "sparking" mechanism was replaced with a Ferrocerium block of his own design. He has shot this rifle many times and has not had the Ferrocerium destroyed by the "flash". I might try that on one of my locks...
20230815_075415.jpg

Dennis stated that it is not finished... he plans more detail to add in the future.

William

Attachments

• 20230811_101702.jpg
    20230811_101702.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230810_201719.jpg
    20230810_201719.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230810_201722.jpg
    20230810_201722.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
At the Stoner Creek picnic, Dennis brought his beautiful, all hand made wheellock to share. WOW! He brought it to the CLA show and allowed me to study it for a couple of hours at our table. I wish I had taken more images. Did not bring my "real" camera. It was photographed for the CLA archive so high quality images should be available soon.
View attachment 245308

View attachment 245311
All the metalwork & woodwork was done by hand. He is a true craftsman! The inlays are ivory and the inlay is silver, I think the dolphin on the pan cover is gold. The barrel is etched to simulate a Damascus pattering.
Th small dog is a spit'in image of his best friend! He showed me photos and the spots are "spot" on!
View attachment 245306

The "sparking" mechanism was replaced with a Ferrocerium block of his own design. He has shot this rifle many times and has not had the Ferrocerium destroyed by the "flash". I might try that on one of my locks...
View attachment 245307

Dennis stated that it is not finished... he plans more detail to add in the future.

William

Beautiful! Do you happen to have a picture that shows the whole weapon and the shape of the stock?

Latest posts

Back