• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer season started yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the basic is that your ruining your deer herd .
well, i know "you people" think you know everything, but there is a little organization called SC DNR (department of natural resources) that knows more than "you people" up north! and we really could not care less how Ya'll do it up there, we don't need your help or advice.,,,,,,,,,,,,

well, i know "you people" think you know everything, but there is a little organization called SC DNR (department of natural resources) that knows more than "you people" up north! and we really could not care less how Ya'll do it up there, we don't need your help or advice.,,,,,,,,,,,,
well if you like scrawny deer that's your business.

the basic is that your ruining your deer herd .
You assume that everyone's idea of a good herd is the same as yours. You sacrifice so much to be able to kill that one good buck, and it sounds like your fine with that. Good, be fine with it, just don't presume you know what's best for olskool's herd. Looks like he's doing pretty good.

well i'm just telling you what hunters from north and south carolina , georgia , louisiana, alabama , mississippi, florida , virginia , and texas , have told me . southern deer are scrawny. you want an experience , try hunting in snow and a blizzard , or trying to stand up in a wooden deer stand during an ice storm . puts a whole new spin on it , when its 10 above , and ice forms on your beard . its a real treat sitting out there in the cold for twelve hours . i live in central illinois , and it gets worse farther upstate . but i've been deer hunting since 1979 , and i would not give it up for the world. i recon you feel the same way down yonder.

well i'm just telling you what hunters from north and south carolina , georgia , louisiana, alabama , mississippi, florida , virginia , and texas , have told me . southern deer are scrawny. you want an experience , try hunting in snow and a blizzard , or trying to stand up in a wooden deer stand during an ice storm . puts a whole new spin on it , when its 10 above , and ice forms on your beard . its a real treat sitting out there in the cold for twelve hours . i live in central illinois , and it gets worse farther upstate . but i've been deer hunting since 1979 , and i would not give it up for the world. i recon you feel the same way down yonder.
Yes, I hunted NW Penna, single digit temps, knee deep snow, wind and steep hills/mts that made goin up and down a true workout! We walked in for over an hour to get to where we hunted!

LOL, well we don't have snow and a blizzard or many ice storms, but what we do have is 100-degree heat with 100% humidity and a lot of skeeters and briar thickets. try that and that put a whole new spin on it for Ya'll, and we also have more deer than you can shake a stick at, and a 4 1/2-month long season, and i promise you, if you came here and tried to kill some of our wild "scrawny deer" you would not fare to well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

!145065-2d39ad407.png

LOL, well we don't have snow and a blizzard or many ice storms, but what we do have is 100-degree heat with 100% humidity and a lot of skeeters and briar thickets. try that and that put a whole new spin on it for Ya'll, and we also have more deer than you can shake a stick at, and a 4 1/2-month long season, and i promise you, if you came here and tried to kill some of our wild "scrawny deer" you would not fare to well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
He is right about the heat & humidity. I'm in SC and it can get pretty miserable! Depending on where you live, you trade one problem for another. IMHO

What about Wildlife management?
Some of the laws invented by management defies logic or sense , I place my faith in my experience in my land management and not some one whos never seen or stepped on or worked it . I take care of it and let others manage theirs , and I will not interfere in others stupidity . I and the wild life and the land do just fine and I'll leave both in better condition for the grand kids to enjoy with absolutely no (HELP) from government !/Ed

a 12 gauge with three inch slugs will drop anything that lives

yea it will, but that ain't the question, like cassius clay said, you can't hit what you can't see,,,,,,,,,,,,,
yea it will, but that ain't the question, like cassius clay said, you can't hit what you can't see,,,,,,,,,,,,,
if you can't get within sight of a deer , you need to quit . scouting in pre-season helps .

if you can't get within sight of a deer , you need to quit . scouting in pre-season helps .
Gotta step in here!
If I had a 4 1/2 month hunting season I wouldn’t scout before the season. Just take your gun out for a walk in nature During the season!
PA does have a two week season plus a month for archery and nearly a month for flintlock ONLY. You do have to share flintlock with people chasing squirrels.

Gotta step in here!
If I had a 4 1/2 month hunting season I wouldn’t scout before the season. Just take your gun out for a walk in nature During the season!
PA does have a two week season plus a month for archery and nearly a month for flintlock ONLY. You do have to share flintlock with people chasing squirrels.
I believe PA's seasons are Rifle, Archery, Muzzle loading and Primitive. In the ML you can use Inlines etc. In the Primitive only tradiational ML's!

I believe PA's seasons are Rifle, Archery, Muzzle loading and Primitive. In the ML you can use Inlines etc. In the Primitive only tradiational ML's!
Yes the early season is one week during archery season any front stuffer is legal 45 cal and up. The primitive is flintlock only starting after Christmas

Back