• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer season started yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? That’s it? Your whole opinion is based entirely on that. You know nothing about animal science. Gain some real knowledge, and formulate an educated opinion. Emotions have no place in formulating a defensible judgement.
I really do not think there is anything that needs defending, do you? A deer with a broadhead slammed into it is not a happy deer. period. Argue all you want. I am fairly certain the deer would agree with me.

i was sitting last year planning to shoot a doe. 2 came out, one of them had her right front leg bent at the knee joint up under her, so i shot and killed her. the leg was welded at the knee joint! you could not move it at all! but she was fat and eating fine,,,,,,,,,,,,

In that image I see a healthy animal…what do you see?
It appears so, does that mean it did not have pain, ABSOLUTELY NOT! There is no argument you can make that says the deer did not suffer initially or its entire life. I had a Lab they took an 11lb tumor out of. The dog never cried or wimpered once. That does not mean he was not in pain. I am not sure i understated why you think the deer did not feel anything?

i was sitting last year planning to shoot a doe. 2 came out, one of them had her right front leg bent at the knee joint up under her, so i shot and killed her. the leg was welded at the knee joint! you could not move it at all! but she was fat and eating fine,,,,,,,,,,,,
I agree, but we are not just taking about surviving. The question is also about, "is there pain or suffering associated with the wounds" or in your example, the bad leg. I know lots of guys who are injured or hurt that get along fine. many of them have pain every day. They just learn to live with it.

Seriously? That’s it? Your whole opinion is based entirely on that. You know nothing about animal science. Gain some real knowledge, and formulate an educated opinion. Emotions have no place in formulating a defensible judgement.
152296-f88ef38e72c01d3e191acd0a1c67cbf0.jpeg.jpg

It appears so, does that mean it did not have pain, ABSOLUTELY NOT! There is no argument you can make that says the deer did not suffer initially or its entire life. I had a Lab they took an 11lb tumor out of. The dog never cried or wimpered once. That does not mean he was not in pain. I am not sure i understated why you think the deer did not feel anything?
You are moving the goal posts to fit your narrative. Was the animal “Suffering”…that’s it. If you knew anything about animal science…you’d be able to look at that image and admit that the animal is healthy and not suffering.

This is awesome. Very good.
I know you can read? but you are not comprehending. Read my post again. tell me how you know the deer did not suffer when shot, have pain then or its entire life. You can't and won't because you know you are wrong. Why do you continue to try and defend an indefensible position. You have no way of knowing that the deer did not suffer its entire life. as I said previously, animals learn to live with the pain , its part of their natural survival instinct. So, the deer lived and ate. That does not prove that it did not have pain every single day of its life. Please take the time to actually read my post thoroughly, and answer the questions. Can you prove the deer did not have pain and did not suffer? Not opinion, proof. Thanks

You are moving the goal posts to fit your narrative. Was the animal “Suffering”…that’s it. If you knew anything about animal science…you’d be able to look at that image and admit that the animal is healthy and not suffering.
No, the animal is dead. You have no way of knowing if it was suffering or not or in pain its entire life.

No, the animal is dead. You have no way of knowing if it was suffering or not or in pain its entire life.
Once again you prove that you do not understand animal science.

Your whole position is based entirely on an emotional response. And under those conditions, facts are meaningless to you.

The animal in that image was healthy…most people would agree. The animal in that image was not showing any signs of suffering…most people would have no clue how to make that determination, but those of us that know what to look for… would say, No Evidence of Suffering.

As to any pain or suffering in this animal’s past…pure speculation and conjecture. Not even part of the conversation…never was

Once again you prove that you do not understand animal science.

Your whole position is based entirely on an emotional response. And under those conditions, facts are meaningless to you.

The animal in that image was healthy…most people would agree. The animal in that image was not showing any signs of suffering…most people would have no clue how to make that determination, but those of us that know what to look for… would say, No Evidence of Suffering.

As to any pain or suffering in this animal’s past…pure speculation and conjecture. Not even part of the conversation…never was
Bull, you have answered the question, You have no idea. Thanks, do not give me the Animal Science bit, since my wife has a degree in it from University of Arizona, and worked in it until she retired! Got ya!

everything in this sinful corrupt world suffers! like it or not! i am suffering right now just reading the nonsense about if the deer i killed suffered! the deer was also covered with ticks! like all outdoor animals are in the south! i bet that ain't fun for them either! get a life!
It is not about you or shooting the deer. Don't take it personally it is not meant to be. I just think it is foolish to think that animals do not suffer, that's all. Also, the covered with ticks part is an unfortunate part of it, hope you use tick spray or something because I would hate for you to get bit and get Lyme disease etc. better safe then sorry.

Bull, you have answered the question, You have no idea. Thanks, do not give me the Animal Science bit, since my wife has a degree in it from University of Arizona, and worked in it until she retired! Got ya!
Awesome..wonderful solution. Have your wife explain to you how brutal an existence it is in the life cycle of deer, and how a deer that is suffering, or elk, or antelope…almost never survives January and February…

everything in this sinful corrupt world suffers! like it or not! i am suffering right now just reading the nonsense about if the deer i killed suffered! the deer was also covered with ticks! like all outdoor animals are in the south! i bet that ain't fun for them either! get a life!
And here is the voice of reason…you are correct.

Awesome..wonderful solution. Have your wife explain to you how brutal an existence it is in the life cycle of deer, and how a deer that is suffering, or elk, or antelope…almost never survives January and February…
Yes, many times they don't. It is usually the result of a severe injury or attack from a predator that makes it tough for them to forage or feed.. My Grandfather was a PH, and hunted all 4 continents. Trips that took months to complete late 50's into 60" and then more bird s in the 70's I am fairly familiar with wildlife believe it or not. Look closely at the pic, and the background ones too. He has animals that are outlawed now, that in his day were not one of the first to have the Grand Slam in Mt Sheep. The last pic ,the black animal is a WOlf ,next to the Alaskan Brown. Big Wolf. The grizzly killed two guides in his party. The caribou was take at 630 yds. mnt top to mtn top with a pre 64 WIn in .300 H&H with a custom Lyman Alaskan scope with 4 ranging dots he asked for and had built. Took 12 hrs on horseback to recover the caribou. Just as a bit of trivia, many of his trips were filmed and shown on Marlin Perkins Mutual of Omaha. The ships Wheels in the ceiling are original and come from my Uncles ships. He owned a fleet of seagoing tugs in Phila. among other things. This lodge is where I grew up every summer for most of my life.

Attachments

• Bradford1.jpg
    Bradford1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford2.jpg
    Bradford2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford3.jpg
    Bradford3.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford4.jpg
    Bradford4.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford5.jpg
    Bradford5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford6.jpg
    Bradford6.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford7.jpg
    Bradford7.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford8.jpg
    Bradford8.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford9.jpg
    Bradford9.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Bradford10.jpg
    Bradford10.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
Yes, many times they don't. It is usually the result of a severe injury or attack from a predator that makes it tough for them to forage or feed.. My Grandfather was a PH, and hunted all 4 continents. Trips that took months to complete late 50's into 60" and then more bird s in the 70's I am fairly familiar with wildlife believe it or not. Look closely at the pic, and the background ones too. He has animals that are outlawed now, that in his day were not one of the first to have the Grand Slam in Mt Sheep. The last pic ,the black animal is a WOlf ,next to the Alaskan Brown. Big Wolf. The grizzly killed two guides in his party. The caribou was take at 630 yds. mnt top to mtn top with a pre 64 WIn in .300 H&H with a custom Lyman Alaskan scope with 4 ranging dots he asked for and had built. Took 12 hrs on horseback to recover the caribou. Just as a bit of trivia, many of his trips were filmed and shown on Marlin Perkins Mutual of Omaha. The ships Wheels in the ceiling are original and come from my Uncles ships. He owned a fleet of seagoing tugs in Phila. among other things. This lodge is where I grew up every summer for most of my life.
very cool!

You have to satisfy it for yourself, and listening to you, I do not think that you really believe "baiting" is ethical. We all have physical issues. You do not change the rules/ethics because of it. I hunted NW Penna. Rugged, snow, cold. I always hunted from a position on the ground, behind a huge natural blow down root ball, that i had a little niche in, where i could sit, not have to worry about getting shot in the back, and had some protection from the wind etc.It created a natural blind of sorts. I would sit & sit, nary a movement, and sooner or later that deer would walk by! There were a few time when I got up to take a leak, that there were deer prints 10 ft behind where i sat, and i never heard them! I just laughed and went back to my sitting! I was successful most years but not all, but always had a wonderful time just being in the "game".
Well said …totally agree with you…👍👍

Back