• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dedicated to all the hunters with black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Making such an unannounced video of all that material and posting it on you-tube without the courtesy of a prior discussion & approval of those whose material was copied is inappropriate as far as I'm concerned."

Especially when I have intentionally stayed away from youtube, never uploading any of my videos I've made there. Only to find I am in a video on there without my knowledge?? :idunno:

I enjoyed it! I think the whiners just need to suck it up. If you dont want anyone using your photos, copyright it or don't use the net at all. Someone tries putting something nice together and some start crying over it!

Its no wonder this place has turned into one big argument. :shake:

Kentuckywindage said:
I enjoyed it! I think the whiners just need to suck it up. If you dont want anyone using your photos, copyright it or don't use the net at all. Someone tries putting something nice together and some start crying over it!

:thumbsup: I would have been proud to be in that, I thought it was great. And I don't belong to facebook or any of those others.

Kentuckywindage said:

A very ironic post on your part.
We've been very professional about raising a couple of simple discussion points...while you on the other hand have stormed into this thread and resorted to all sorts of name calling and negative comments.

THAT'S how agruments start...NOT from the few measured, rational, professional questions a few of us have raised.

I was thinking that myself, I saw it as a discussion of which I'm clearly in the minority but so be it, been there before....and thought after his post that this was headed down hill in a hurry for sure now... :shake:

Mike Brines said:
Kentuckywindage said:

:thumbsup: I would have been proud to be in that, I thought it was great. And I don't belong to facebook or any of those others.

We need MORE of this IMO. I always hear complaining about traditional muzzleloading not getting any attention.... I used to wonder why.. Now i may have an answer after this :haha:

Oh and i'd much rather see this rather than the high pitch voiced redneck/yuppie on tv bragging about his high fenced deer he just shot. Oh lets not forget the heavy breathing either.

Swampy said:
"...and thought after his post that this was headed down hill in a hurry for sure now... :shake: ..."
Correct, that's where he's driven it...

I wasn't on it and that suits me fine. I agree that if one wanted his pics on youtube, he would/should put them there himself.

Arguments about traditional muzzleloader hunting not getting "enough" press don't hold water when the real issue is having images taken from one site to another without the subjects knowledge or approval.

I don't think the poster meant any harm and probably had good intentions. I hope that he sees now that it wasn't appreciated by all involved.

It is really difficult to speak through a translator on-line, i am going to try to not misinterpret my words.

In the first place many people by the fact that the images i have drawn from this forum when do not have to be ...

Any of you can write to Google the word "hunting" "rifle" etc,etc. .. and you will be photos that you can draw from Google without the need to enter any forum in question

When i post the photos i have done so that people know more about our hobby and what we do, people will be set in the arms and in catches never on the face of the hunter ....

Here in Spain is the same, many people complain that our hobby does not promote itself, is not valued, and then the same put a photo of him and cover their faces so that they cannot recognize .....WHAT FOR????? You owe money to someone??? It is doing something wrong??? :shake: :shake:

Well, I don't have any pictures on the web anywhere and that fact made it impossible for you to pretty up your video any. :rotf: Good video!

Common courtesy... your a member of this forum using pictures gathered from some members here posting their pictures. You can't take 5 minutes to post here on the forum about a project your thinking of doing and asking if any forum member has a problem with you using their pictures?

I really don't care what excuse you come up with here. I have made sure to avoid youtube, never using it to upload any of my videos, I want no part of it. Only to find out that someone I don't even know, who I've never had a conversation with, who never asked me if he could use my picture, has gone and done what I never wanted to do....and I'm supposed to be happy about that??

I would also remind everyone that you of course read and agreed to condition #15 of forum membership here or you could not have become a member..

15. You acknowledge that by posting in the forums you are giving the Muzzleloading Forum your permission to make the contents of your posts, including photos, available to the public, on the Forum web sites, including our Facebook page.

This puts them freely in the "public domain" and available. :idunno: Sorry is that offends; but we tried to warn you this way.

It's not about that. I know all of that. It still dosan't mean I have to like someone else doing what I didn't want to do concerning me and youtube, does it? I guess I expected more from a forum member. :idunno:

Over the years that I have been here, I've been contacted several times by members usually saying how "inspired" they were and they asked me if it was ok to use a particular picture or link my website to something....they didn't have to but they did. Even had one ask if he could use the pic of my rifle for something. This tells me a lot about their character and it just took a moment for them to send a pt or email to ask.

Seems rather simple to me. If you don't want your picture being used for something other than what you intended, don't post it on the internet. Now, that doesn't mean it is right, just the way it is.

That's how I feel... don't have expectations (or delusions) of "privacy" when you post anything on the internet.

Tell me you don't think orgs like PETA don't search hunting sites for pictures to use for their fodder.

Stumpkiller said:
I would also remind everyone that you of course read and agreed to condition #15 of forum membership here or you could not have become a member..

15. You acknowledge that by posting in the forums you are giving the Muzzleloading Forum your permission to make the contents of your posts, including photos, available to the public, on the Forum web sites, including our Facebook page.

This puts them freely in the "public domain" and available. :idunno: Sorry is that offends; but we tried to warn you this way.

There ya go! Hey Stumpy, you been takin' lawyerin' classes online? :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back