• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Davis Deerslayer Triggers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFP308

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some insight on re-triggering my Lyman GPR 54 percussion with a Davis Deerslayer trigger. For those of you that have done this was the trade out an easy thing? Did the Davis trigger have the same or similar finish as the original Lyman trigger? Not like the T/C coloring? I don't really need to do this but then if I can and it's a better trigger why not? Thanks for the help.

Mike

Yes, it's easy. There was some minor trimming around the inlet and the instructions cover everything. The finish is a dark blue, almost black. It matched the rust blue on my GPR perfectly.

Yup. Sometimes it's direct drop-in, sometimes you have to shave about two molecules of wood off one side or the other. I've owned both. Longest it took me to install one was about 5 minutes. Best mod I've ever made to a rifle.

+1 to Goldhunter an BrownBear,,

MikeF said:
I don't really need to do this but then if I can and it's a better trigger why not?

WAY Better! It's SWEEET, You'll like it, :thumbsup: To quote Brown Bear, "Best mod I've ever made to a rifle." Amen to that!

A couple of other points worth passing along.

For hunting and quick shooting, I often don't have time to set the rear trigger before firing. Duddn't matter. Even without setting the rear, that front trigger is one of the best triggers I own.

Second point, and it's subtle but important to me. The two triggers are really different shape, so there's no confusing them in the heat of the moment. That rear trigger is waaaaay back, curved much like the trigger guard and about as wide. The narrow, straight front trigger really "stands out" for your finger when it's shooting time.

Thank you for the information. I have often wondered about replacing that trigger with a better one. Now I have new to do item for my list.

Mike

Ive just done one but it is very easy. just follow directions. you will love those davis triggers :grin:

Not much I can add to what has already been said. I'm quite pleased with the one I have.

Thank you Gentlemen, I appreciate the helpful information. I'll be switching soon.

Mike

Latest posts

Back