• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Set triggers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are some Davis set triggers that I'm using on a build right now. I try to give each of my rifles a "unique" look and better looking I think. I always throw out the triggers that come with the Davis triggers and make new ones. It's not that the there is anything wrong with the factory triggers. They don't look old school and I want them to look like 18th or 19th century set of triggers would look. I use 1084 carbon steel to make mine because I have it for knife and spring making also. You can use mild steel and case harden the contact points also. I had some rifle building classes with Ian Pratt and Jim Kibler years ago and Ian started me down this road. Also Frank House has had influence in my gun building. He is always saying something like "if you want to take your building to the next level.....". Below are two photos one with the original triggers and my new made triggers. Oh the set screw will be replaced also.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230324_161904.jpg
    thumbnail_20230324_161904.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail_20230324_161920.jpg
    thumbnail_20230324_161920.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 0
I really like that, are you basically copying the top section and making the bottom section to fit your vision?

Back