• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

David Wright paintings

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got a new book titled The Cromwell Collection. The book deals with Virginia weapons and other items of the American Revolution. There are some nice pictures of paintings from David Wright. If you search for him, he has a website with his artwork. Really nice paintings from different eras. Thought some might like to check them out. Also the book itself is really nice.

David Wright has been around for quite some time. He lives here in Tennessee, just a little north of Nashville. He does some re-enacting. I shot beside him one time at the Alvin York Over-the-log Shoot. I've bumped into him several times at different muzzleloader shows and trade fairs.
Really nice guy.
I have one of his original paintings (a very small one) hanging in my living room.

Had Dave Writes ‘ Mountain Man’ as a poster back in the 70s, based my genuine mountiny man outfit on
Love Dave’s art
His brother (Dan?) wrote a couple of fun novels about the Fand I and Revolution

David Wright has been around for quite some time. He lives here in Tennessee, just a little north of Nashville. He does some re-enacting. I shot beside him one time at the Alvin York Over-the-log Shoot. I've bumped into him several times at different muzzleloader shows and trade fairs.
Really nice guy.
I have one of his original paintings (a very small one) hanging in my living room.
That's cool info. Doesn't surprise me based on the quality of his paintings. Cool you have an original. Think I'l be looking to get a print.

He was one of the founding members of my muzzleloader club, the Tennessee Longhunters, and still attends some of the meetings and shoots. We have our fund raising auction in January each year and David sometimes donate items to be auctioned. Things get exciting, and expensive, with his items on the auction block. I got a couple of his prints at our meeting last January!

He usually has a table or two at the Lake Cumberland Longrifle show in February.

Back