• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Powder Horn #24

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
He all,
Here is my 42nd Powder Horn, a Map Horn, finished today and ready for a new home.
This horn can wear well on the right or left side. It measures 15" from the Poplar base plug to the nozzle, 2-1/4" wide and 2-1/2" high.
This horn is themed on the Southern British Campaign during the American Revolution, when Cornwallis began his campaign in the Carolinas in his attempt to move up into Virginia, gaining Loyalist allies along the way, he hoped.
A motto is inscribed along the top: "By Providence Prevail", and in the decorated panel, "The Events Of Our Actions Upon they Acursed Crown and Tory Tyrants". Some nice little soldiers can be seen wandering about the map.
I think this horn would be splendid for any rig or display case. I am asking $380 plus $10 shipping.
Check or Money Orders preferred (no PayPal).
Thanks for looking!
YHS,
Bob

Attachments

• 42 k.jpg
    42 k.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 42 L.jpg
    42 L.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 a.jpg
    42 a.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 b.jpg
    42 b.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 c.jpg
    42 c.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 d.jpg
    42 d.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 e.jpg
    42 e.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 f.jpg
    42 f.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 g.jpg
    42 g.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 42 p.jpg
    42 p.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
Bob,

I love the direction you are taking work with themes surrounding the American Revolution on this horn. Absolutely fantastic. Now a lucky owner of two of your horn masterpieces, again I am awe struck! I have run out of rock locks to mate with horns…. problems , problems….😀

Bob,

I love the direction you are taking work with themes surrounding the American Revolution on this horn. Absolutely fantastic. Now a lucky owner of two of your horn masterpieces, again I am awe struck! I have run out of rock locks to mate with horns…. problems , problems….😀
I am really grateful for all your support and encouragement, thank you!!

Gorgeous horn Bob. Although I live across the river from Charles Town now, I am originally from the small village of Kershaw right between Camden and the Waxhaws on your horn. Wish I had not taken the last few days away from the forum. Some years ago I thought about scrimshawing a map between Kershaw and Charleston on my F&I period horn, but I've always said I have the two clumsiest hands the good Lord ever hung on anyone's arms and knew I would make a mess.

Back