• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA rifle locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick G.

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an older CVA Kentucky hunter rifle and would like to change the lock. Do they make drop in replacements?

One of these should work. http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/794/1

You could also check with a place called Deer Creek? I think that`s the place folks say ended up with all the old CVA sidelock parts when CVA quit dealing with them. I don`t know how to get ahold of them but someone else here will probably chime in with their contact info.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is deer creek products who took over cvas sidelocks, I did have there info but lost it. You can contact cva and they will give it to you. I ordered a barrel for my cva hawkin from them new for 80 bucks and its a tack driver, they assured me it was the exact barrel that came on mine. They've got everything you need for one and it will all be as cva made it. You can Google them or go to cva and find there info, I'd do that before anywhere else .

"... and it will all be as cva made it. ..."

This is the problem, however, unless he is just replacing the original lock with another CVA original lock. :hmm:
The one TOTW sells is a L&R and is so much better than the CVA lock is. :thumbsup:
BTW, you can get the lock direct from L&R if TOTW doesn't have one. :wink:

Deer Creeks phone number is below.

They do not have a web site or take E-Mail messages but they are good folks to talk to on the phone.

Deer Creek Products
6989 E Michigan Rd
Waldron, IN 46182

(765) 525-6181

The cheap cast hammer broke on the original lock. I ordered a new steel lock from TOTW. I don,t understand why they put such a low quality lock on an otherwise nice rifle......

on an otherwise nice rifle......

Well, I guess? :wink: It is certainly a persons choice and I need to stop right here. I hope it does exactly what you want out if it.
Keep'm in the ten ring! :thumbsup:

Besides Track of the Wolf, you can also check with Dixie Gun Works (Union City, TN), Log Cabin Shop (Lodi, OH), and Cain's Outdoor Products (Williamstown, WV). You may not find the exact replacement part, but something close. FYI: Some gunsmithing or stock inletting may be required.

Good Luck.

Back