• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA/ Ardesa/ Traditions Stock- ID help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbennettnc

20-to-the-pound
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The ID forum says it's for original pre 1865 guns only, so I reckon this is the best place to seek this information. Got this today thinking it could be an extra stock for my Ardesa .50 halfstock, but its nosecap doesn't work with my barrel. The barrel would fit if the rib on the barrel was a little farther forward. Also, the lock mortise is for a pointed tailed lock, like an early CVA Kentucky or Frontier would have. Trying to figure out what this is and then I'll probably part ways with it. The buttplate is most intriguing, as is thicker at the top than my other stock, yet isn't like the Hawken or Kentucky or Mountain rifle buttplates that have tangs. Anybody recognize this critter?
Thanks,
A.J.

Attachments

• 20240411_195910.jpg
    20240411_195910.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240411_195918.jpg
    20240411_195918.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240411_195924.jpg
    20240411_195924.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240411_195937.jpg
    20240411_195937.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks! I was thinking the Frontiers were all single trigger. Were there different versions of the Frontier

Thanks! I was thinking the Frontiers were all single trigger. Were there different versions of the Frontier produced?
Did some more research and answered my own question. Sorry to have not thought about the Frontier Rifle sooner; I hadn't realized that the CVA Frontier model was really a line of models. I found that there was a Frontier rifle with the set triggers and the Frontier Carbine (which my dad has, which just has the single trigger.)
Maybe the buttplate is a custom thing.

That wood does not appear to be the European Beech that the CVA-Ardessa guns are primarily stocked with. Maybe it is one of the Italian Euroarms or Investarms models.

Latest posts

Back