• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA mountain

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wv_mingo327

32 Cal
Reaction score
Really hoping someone with more experience than me can shed some light on a particular Cva barrel for me trying to figure out if it’s actually a mountain rifle barrel or the newer remake called the mountain hunter , the barrel in question has the usual Cva marking but has the word “ mountain “ then after that the serial # which starts with 88 then a space then the rest of the serial number it also has two SS stamped together on it I have 2 one the made in USA rifles thank you for any help at all

Mountain rifle 32" 2 wedge keys.
Yes it is a mountain rifle barrel 32” inch two wedges keys but what I’m interested in is it’s the only one Iv seen with the word “mountain” stamped on it on the left side just before the serial number it is a Spain barrel more interested in finding out if it’s the newer reproduction they did around circa 2004 which was called the mountain hunter but what kinda throws me is it’s stamped 88 I assume that is year of production making me think this barrel could be from one of the “fancy grade “ rifles with walnut stock

Usually the last 2 digits will be the year of build. Can you snap pics?

The mr's never had walnut. Maple and Beech were the only 2 offerings.

Usually the last 2 digits will be the year of build. Can you snap pics?

The mr's never had walnut. Maple and Beech were the only 2 offerings.
As soon as I get home I’ll try to get pics I may have been mistaken about the walnut and the 88 I mentioned earlier is stamped away from the rest of the serial number then it also has SS stamped side by side together on it

Latest posts

Back