• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonym

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody tell me the value of a CVA Mountain Rifle? Looks to be in good to excellent condition and probably a "Made in USA" model with a 4-screw patch box.

Thanks,
Anonym

Depending $350.00 / $400.00 in good condition! With a patchbox it must be .45 or .50 cal. ! Maple stock, made in USA barrel? The Big Bore (.54 /.58 cal.)maybe a little more. And finally how bad do you want one! :grin:
A .58 cal. average cva Mt. Rifle with a made in spain barrel and looks like a beechwood stock just sold on Gunbroker for $433.00 and change!!!

I sure as heck don't need it, but it's priced great according to your numbers and might help a fella "earn" a little spending cash if I "flipped" it.

Yes, it's a .50 cal with less than 60,XXX serial number. Picture isn't the greatest, but it looks to be in excellent condition with 4-screw patchbox. Only thing that makes me wonder is the ramrod pipes look to be black/blued(?) and the seller claims the patchbox is brass. Then again, the trigger guard also looks black/blued. Guess the German Silver could tarnish to a nice blackened patina over the years, huh? Lighting isn't good to get an idea of butt plate or ramrod tip, but it looks good.

Anybody in the market for one? :grin:

I'm holding my .50 in my lap and the ramrod pipes and triggerguard are browned. The ramrod pipes are octagon. All the 4 screw patchboxs I've seen are german silver. Buttplate is browned and ramrod ends and nosecap are pewter. If you decide to pass on it PM me and I'll take a look at it, maybe I would be interested! :grin:

I snoozed too long on it and the"buy it now" is gone. Wasn't a steal at $250+shipping, but it was definitely a deal.

It's still at auction, but I have a feeling it won't go cheap...

That was a good price if you wanted it for yourself but if you were going to flip it for a few bucks for what you could make would'nt be worth the effort after you figure shipping.

I finished the stock of my old .45 Mountain rifle with linseed oil many years ago. The german silver patchbox looks like brass on that one,too,since the oil coating has yellowed with age.

Wow...I'm feeling pretty good now about my most recent acquisition(CVA MR)considering I got it for $200CDN :)

Yup, 200 loonies was a steal. :grin:
I'm a firm believer in starting with one grain per caliber. I have a CVA that just loves 45gr of 3F. Not a load for long range or killin critters, but it kills paper just fine.

Back