• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cva bobcat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
got a chance to ( steel one ). 50 cal. perc. anyone give me a run down if its worth picking it up.

Have one. Cheapest made, accurate enough, not much else to say. NO RESALE value. I'd top out my bid about $75.00 unless it was NIB then I'd go $77.50.

They made wood ones and plastic ones,, I'd give $50 for a wood one maybe $75 NIB.
No more than 50 for a plastic one, and that would only be if I knew a youth that was dying for a first ML. If it was an option for a full growed man or older teen I'd pass an make'm wait for something better.
They use those things for Cub Scout training/introduction around these parts.

The bobcat is a stripped down no-frills muzzle loader. The said, it is every bit as accurate and reliable as single trigger guns made by TC, Lyman and Traditions, which cost many times more.
I keep one around to teach newbies and to lend to friends. If you are the type to keep a "trunk gun" for spur of the moment opportunities, it is perfect for that.

thanks for the info. I ll jump on it as a back up. mostly hunt with 72 cal. trade musket. have not owned a precussion rifle in 25 years.

I have a CVA mountain stalker and it is pretty much the same gun.

Find a wood stock for it. The barrel is pretty good, the lock and trigger are functional, but that is about it, I wouldn't write home about them.

For a good cheep rifle it is worth the 50-75 bucks it will cost. I got mine as a deal sweetener a number of years ago. Slaps my cheek, so it sits in the safe now. Probably use it as a deal sweetener some day myself. Keep the cycle going ya know....

They are probably the last entry level side lock muzzleloaders that were available. They were affordable and accurate. Our club bought some for the Hunter's Safety program.

While not period correct by any means, they are safe and reasonably accurate. The thing I like about them (and what many hate) is the hollow plastic stock. It makes it easy to put lead shot in a sock and then stuff other "rags" in to keep the weight in place. This counterbalances the barrel weight for younger shooters and helps absorb the recoil. :idunno: :idunno:

this one is wooden stock. only want to get it as a backup for blackpowder season.

Latest posts

Back