• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Creating my own Traditions Tennessee Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've looked around for a bit trying to find one of these, but I haven't had any luck so I'm gonna create my own. I'm gonna take my Traditions Kentucky and cut it down, recrown,etc. Then refit the nose cap, drill and tap the underside of the barrel for it. I know the Tennessee Rifle is a double wedge setup and the Kentucky is a pinned barrel. But I think if I Cut it just forward of the second pin back trom the muzzle I should be ok. Then of course I'll have to cut a new dove tail for the front sight. This rifle is gonna be for my little man.. If any of you have a Tenn. rifle please fell free to post some pics of it.

Yes, I already have the Kentucky and me and my son can work on his rifle together. I'm gonna cut the barrel and stock down to 24 ish inches. The length of pull seems ok for him
I did this with a Pedersoli Kentucky rifle. I didn't put the nose cap back on, but I might put another one on it later. I cut the barrel back to 27 inches and recrowned the muzzle. I really like how short and handy it is. I'm sure your rifle will be perfectly fine as well.

This used to be a percussion but I converted it to flint. I still have the percussion lock and drum in case I decide to go back to percussion.

Attachments

• 17124124084382670112945919329420.jpg
    17124124084382670112945919329420.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I did this with a Pedersoli Kentucky rifle. I didn't put the nose cap back on, but I might put another one on it later. I cut the barrel back to 27 inches and recrowned the muzzle. I really like how short and handy it is. I'm sure your rifle will be perfectly fine as well.

This used to be a percussion but I converted it to flint. I still have the percussion lock and drum in case I decide to go back to percussion.
VERY NICE Work SIr!! You know that looks pretty dang good without a nose cap at all on it. That's exactly what I'm after. And the handy part is what I'm after for him. We hunt in alot of blinds so this would be much easier for him to handle in a blind as well. I had a Cabelas Hawken Carbine in .58 once. I was an IDIOT for letting that one go. Also I can't believe Traditions stopped importing the Tennessee. I even emailed them and told them so.

That looks great! You’re very talented.

That looks great! You sir, are very talented.

Back