• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

converting a pedersoli percussion to flint?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldarmy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to convert the Frontier rifle from percussion to flint?
I have a cap shooter and want to change her over.
Should have bought the flinter in the first place.
For some resone I thought I saw an amercian made replacement lock for these guns, but I can't find it any were. I don't think replacing the drum with a vent liner is the problem it's finding a lock.
Any suggestions?

Pedersoli locks are available but not cheap. It's no problem to pull the drum and install a vent liner. Locks can be gotten from Beauchamp & Son 413 698-3822 or from Dixie Gun Works 731 885-0561. Cabela's may also have them, but all in all you may be better off to sell the cap gun and buy a new flintlock. :(

I sent out 3 e-mails asking for pricing on a flintlock action to replace the percussion action
1. was $115 plus shipping
2. was $130 with CC and $120 with check
3. no reply--dixie gun works--
I don't think that's a bad price for a lock.. I don't know if I am going to do it, but it's nice to know that it's an option..

Old Army,
I converted a Blue ridge rifle a few years back. I ordered the lock from Beauchamp. It fit like a glove and was easy to do. I was satisfied with the result.
Bob E.

I put together 2 of these flintlock rifles for my boys. In my opinion, they are not very good locks. They required the very smallest flints you could find, and even those wouldn't allow the frizzen to close unless you broke some off the backside. They did go off when you could find a flint that would fit. A touchhole really needs to be drilled after a lock is installed. Conversions will rarely put the hole in the right place.

Cheap flintlocks really hurt our hobby because they rarely work very well.

I believe you're thinking of another lock Swampman. The Frontier or Blue Ridge have a large lock, mine can take a 7/8" flint though I more often use 3/4". I guess $115 to $130 would not be bad. You may want to order a vent liner at the same time since they are metric and the next standard size would be 3/8", way too large.

Latest posts

Back