• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

concealing stock flaws??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some years ago I watched Ron Ehlert artfully blend in a flaw in a stock using some kind of ink which could be blended to replicate the color of the wood. When finished (no pun intended) the patch could not be seen unless one was aware of where it was.

Can anyone tell me what kind of fluid he may have used, or what you have used in the past. Thanks

I have used products from Konig (konigtouchup.com) and Mohawk (mohawk-finishing.com). They have fillers that can be blended to fill the wood and felt markers that you can draw the grain to match. I have used both products to repair wood cabinets and furniture. You can possibly find these at a furniture store or lumber yard as well.

Well, I may discredit myself, but I have used a black and a brown Sharpie for little nicks in my stocks. . . I also have used for certain stocks just a dab of LMF stain and a q-tip . . . these are for finished rifles of course. If you have a patch such as a sliver glued in while building your gun, it will stain with whatever you are using for final finishing.

Back