• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Comments on this wheelock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe we are like "Shark Tank" on T.V.! Instead of letting emmagee enjoy his new wheelock carbine in quiet peace all alone as Rick implied...we seem to be milling or circling around waiting to butt heads at the bid opening of his estate!!!

I'm sure emmagee has his beauty in his lap, caressing it while smiling as he is reading these posts!

O.K. emmagee...enough is enough.....we are not going to let up until you post a lot of photos! Not graduation, selfie, family or vacation photos...but wheelock photos!

Don't tempt me.
I'm an old re enactor so I like to have all the equipment that goes with the guns. Yeah, I'm that guy.

I bought the powder horn from the man in Poland to go with it. Now I have to figure out what sort of pouch would most likely have been used.

That's half the fun!

Very nice Carbine. There should be no additional pouch, only what can be seen in the picture, its a cavalry weapon after all.

P3170360.jpg

Don't tempt me.
I'm an old re enactor so I like to have all the equipment that goes with the guns. Yeah, I'm that guy.

I bought the powder horn from the man in Poland to go with it. Now I have to figure out what sort of pouch would most likely have been used.

That's half the fun!
I wanted a pouch and horn to go with guns from the early 1600's. So I came up with this combination. If you don't have a horse handy, maybe this will give you some inspiration. LOL

Rick

001 (Medium).JPG
003 (Medium).JPG
004 (Medium).JPG
005 (Medium).JPG
006 (Medium).JPG

Did you make this pouch? Because that is beautiful work. And yes, it looks appropriate for the time...
LOL !!! No way I could make a pouch this good. It was made by James Rogers about 5years ago. He calls it his signature pouch. It would indeed look great with your wheellock, or any pre-1650 type gun. It just has that "early" look to it.
The early style short, stubby horn was made by Larry Gotkin.

Rick

I’ve handled this wheelock, and it was worth every penny of the sale price. Bill did really amazing work- it was always a hoot to see what he would build and bring out to the Rendezvous this year. Because I work at Jamestown, he would always show me his pre-flint stuff.
Jay

Thank you Sir!! That would explain the mystery hole. I didn't think it likely it was for a rampart yoke. It's a carbine, not a wall gun! So a bar is probably what it was for.

I have some cube pyrite I got off Ebay but need to find a way to cut it up into usable pieces. I have a friend in Jacksonville who is a retired lapidary, so will be consulting him about the best way to do that.

Will keep you informed!
I purchased cube pyrite also on ebay. There is a diamond wheel on Amazon that fits the dremel quick release attachment. It cuts the cubes like butter. You have to wear a mask because it is extremely dusty. The same wheel was mentioned above.

Back