• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

18th Century Artisans Show 2024

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Produced by Duelist1954. I found this video very interesting and sources of items I did not know.
Interesting pre-flintlock powder horns at 4:36
Wheelock at 7:18....also look up Clay Smith Guns, Inc. He shows another consignment wheelock.

Note: You may need to roll the video back to the beginning

Last edited:
That wheellock is a beauty. WOW !!! Lots of nice items at that show. Most of these shows always seem to be in the Northeast/New England area. Darn. On the other hand, now that I'm retired, that's probably good. Less temptation. LOL

Rick

Rick I'm retired as well.....but I am a sucker with little regard to common sense when seeing all this eye candy; however, my wife does her best to hold the control knob!
I think most of these great shows are in the east and northeast because that is where colonization of our country began and these are contemporary products of that history.

Same in central Texas......here it used to be if it doesn't have a bolt or mostly lever action hung in the back window of a pickup with two dead deer tied over the front fenders....it didn't count! Now...no more back window guns, but multiple stickers of AK's, AR's or other over the top innuendos. I wonder if hanging an old matchlock in the back window of my pickup will draw any attention.....may try it? Whoops, a matchlock would stick out both rear windows!!!

Now...no more back window guns, but multiple stickers of AK's, AR's or other over the top innuendos. I wonder if hanging an old matchlock in the back window of my pickup will draw any attention.....may try it? Whoops, a matchlock would stick out both rear windows!!!
Ah yes, the “free gun inside!” stickers. Not the smartest idea to put on a car.

Get a doppelhaken so that your truck has sufficiently firepower to take on other trucks. It’s what Maurice of Orange would have wanted!

Back