• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Spanish Miquelet and Saxon over/under dual-lock Wheelock pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wheellock is interesting in that it has a single trigger for the double lock. I'm assuming the other main spring is internal and perhaps some selector? How much wear has that miquelet seen to put the cock that close on half cock. . .

The wheellock is interesting in that it has a single trigger for the double lock. I'm assuming the other main spring is internal and perhaps some selector? How much wear has that miquelet seen to put the cock that close on half cock. . .
That cool looking Spanish pistol does not look abused, just well used. As you mention, you would not be able to close the frizzen/pan cover at half-cock with a flint in the jaws. Possible heavy wear on the foot of the hammer or the groove in the half-cock post. That pistol would be a good example - if sold - of a purchase by a pure collector versus a collector/shooter who would notice this upon personal inspection.

That wheellock pistol is incredible.

Rick

Wow...either someone who bought it the first time is trying to flip it for a profit...or it didn't sell the the first time?
I can’t even try to guess how financial priorities work for people that can casually bid on a double barrel wheellock. There were ~6 years between the auctions, so the owner could have also passed away.

Why is this labeled as the only known Saxon double barrel ? As far as I know there are more in Dresden, although they might not be identical.
It’s probably because it’s out of both of their normal area of expertise. Forgotten Weapons almost exclusively does smokeless breechloaders and I love muzzleloading is very American long rifle centric.

Back