• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Clean out screw on a T C

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first inherited my TC Renegade I immediately noticed that screw was very firmly stuck. I stopped when I realized that I would bugger the slot before it would ever move. I found this forum around that time and read that it really didn't need to come out. This was 6 years ago or so.
I have become very addicted to shooting BP and that Renegade is the only one I own in shooting condition currently. I shoot it quite often is what I'm saying, year round.
When cleaning I remove the nipple and do the bucket of water method, syphoning water in out through the patent breech. I have never ever ran a pipe cleaner or anything else through that area. I do blast air through it after cleaning to get the water out and also pour some denatured alcohol through it.
I store with a very light coating of Barricade in the bore and with the rifle muzzle down. I don't use enough Barricade for any to ever run into the flame channel, but put it muzzle down anyway to be on the safe side.
By cleaning this way I've found it to be so reliable that the flame channel is clear that I don't even "pop a cap" anymore.
I'm very sold on the fact that it simply doesn't need to be removed to get the flame channel clean.

Latest posts

Back