• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Centermark Fusil de Chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all,

This may not be of any interest to most but I was thinking (for my own interest) and for the interest of anyone else out there to share the journey of my fusil, load development and hunting.

I didn't photograph the group, I will head out next weekend and do it again, but this is the lock speed of my fusil using 2F swiss in the pan. Idea is I can hunt with just a horn and not need a separate priming receptacle.

I was using 90gr Swiss 2F, home cast 0.600 bare ball and peanut oil lubed felt wad. Primed with 2F Swiss. 3 shot group was 2 within 3" and in the centre of the target, 3rd about 6" or 7" top right (flier). It was windy and shooting offhand, will try to shoot off a rest next time.

At 90gr to shoot POA at 50m (55yd) I need to just about have the barrel plane level with almost no barrel showing. If I can get consistent loads it's about perfect.

Recoil is minimal and notably bereft of the "cheek slapping" some discuss with fusils.

Not a perfect copy of a FDC but it’s my favorite gun, became so real quick after ‘94 when I built it. I think it’s my favorite ever owned
I said that to my wife yesterday afternoon when I got back from shooting it.

Such a delight to shoot and I'm confident I'll get it to my 75 yard MOD (minute of deer) accuracy goal with work.

My wife is due to have a baby in the next 2 or 3 weeks so will have some time at home to work on loads as long as I take my two boys along and out of mums hair.

Latest posts

Back