• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carrying Case - Soft

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have poorly worded my opening post. I sure do understand that a HARD case is needed for air travel.
So, I am asking about those HARD cases also, not just the the soft cases that we can use in our trucks. And
I really appreciate all of the informative posts that you all have contributed so far, about the soft cases! The
buckskin one "beckons to me" with the most force!
I have a crazy cow hard case very good a bit cumbersome but great for safe travels. Fits two rifles that you would fit to the foam or I guess you can just lay your rifles in there. It’s heavy and you will need to a pickup to fit it not sure about SUV. I’d say it is about 6 feet long. Certainly not what you want to be carrying around; can’t be dragged no wheels. The crazy cow horse blanket cases are nice when they have them

Attachments

• 2DE888E7-DD18-4FBE-8D26-505C4E3A0B63.jpeg
    2DE888E7-DD18-4FBE-8D26-505C4E3A0B63.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 47724258-4A56-4CD8-87AF-A2D9E9BBAD6C.jpeg
    47724258-4A56-4CD8-87AF-A2D9E9BBAD6C.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 0
For air travel or rough travel I have three metal cases with lock ability. Two for the pretty much standard length modern hunting or target rifles, and one that I had made for a McMillan .50BMG rifle. I don't particularly care for the cheaper plastic cases. With cases you pretty much get what you pay for.

I would not recommend the case I posted for air travel. It locks and all but it doesn’t matter to the luggage carrier at the airport they are pretty hard on luggage. Even guns I know people who had to file damage claims wit Southwest! Though they have destroyed my luggage they so far have not been able to damage my Pilican. I have a few pelicans they can probably be ran over. I’m not sure if Pelican make one long enough for a flint lock with a 42 inch barrel. I’m sure it’s double the cost of the one I bought from crazy crow which is great for local get aways. The good Pelicans you can find on sale. I don’t remember what I paid for either but I’m happy to have them! So are my rifles i carry in them. The prices of everything today are scary I won’t even look.

Back