• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can anyone supply a list of states where a BP gun must go to an FFL holder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can immediately say, CA, NJ, NY, all those anti-states! There should be a list someplace, you'd think!
Where do you nincompoops get your unfounded info from? CA is not a state that prevents BP revolvers or long guns from coming into the state. The dealer might not want to send BP revolvers to CA that is their choice not the state's law.:dunno:

Where do you nincompoops get your unfounded info from? CA is not a state that prevents BP revolvers or long guns from coming into the state. The dealer might not want to send BP revolvers to CA that is their choice not the state's law.:dunno:
This forum is no different from the rest. There is a mixture of well informed sources of facts that are helpful, and a growing number of out-house lawyers that pass hearsay off as gospel. It's your job to glean the good from the bad. I suspect the world would be bland and boring without idiots.

I'd wager New York, DC and California are too. Though California could surprise me. Hawaii might be good for it too.
Michigan does if the gun can be converted to a cartridge. i.e. the Ruger Old Army. And not if it is converted but if there are kits out there to convert it.
So basically there is a conversion cylinder for the basic revolvers. So like the 1860, Walker, 1858 Remington’s etc can be converted. So no go to MI?

In some States it may not be a STATE law but, in some Counties, it may be a rule.
And as posted, some FFL's may not want to get caught in the middle so it's a CYA thang.
What would YOU do if it was YOUR License?
Don't now it as fact but have heard that in some counties around the Sac Valley Counties require Muzzleloaders to go thru an FFL!!

And yet MidwayUSA and Cimarron and Texas Jacks and Old South Firearms do ship to Massachusetts!
In addition to Powder Valley and Buffalo Arms amongst others who ship powder to MA.
"WARNING: Black powder firearms cannot be shipped directly to Canada, Ohio*, Washington D.C., Massachusets, Hawaii, Rhode Island, New York, Delaware or New Jersey, See Footnotes for the following locatons: **Illinois and Washington State ***Michigan and Maryland , *****California."
From Old South Shipping Policy page on their website

Latest posts

Back