• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can anybody identify this pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffelson

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi. First up, I have no idea about firearms at all. I picked this up at a thrift store years ago to go with a pirate costume and it's been in storage ever since. I don't even know whether it's real or a replica or anything.

It feels like it has a good weight to it, it's definitely real wood and metal, no plastic substitutes. The trigger feels loose so I'm pretty sure it's broken even if it is the real thing. There don't appear to be any markings that indicate where or when it was made. The jaw screw looks like it's been glued tight, which makes me think it could be a replica, but also maybe that was just a safety thing to stop people using it if it's faulty? I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated! 20201204_200114_HDR.jpg20201204_200127_HDR.jpg20201204_200138_HDR.jpg20201204_200147_HDR.jpg20201204_200209_HDR.jpg20201204_200232_HDR.jpg20201204_200247_HDR.jpg20201204_200302_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(If there's a way to make the pictures appear in a more compact, thumbnail form, then tell me and I'll fix that)

Hi. First up, I have no idea about firearms at all. I picked this up at a thrift store years ago to go with a pirate costume and it's been in storage ever since. I don't even know whether it's real or a replica or anything.

It feels like it has a good weight to it, it's definitely real wood and metal, no plastic substitutes. The trigger feels loose so I'm pretty sure it's broken even if it is the real thing. There don't appear to be any markings that indicate where or when it was made. The jaw screw looks like it's been glued tight, which makes me think it could be a replica, but also maybe that was just a safety thing to stop people using it if it's faulty? I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated!
Think "costume jewelry", it's a decorative prop piece, a wall hanger, hopefully non-firing......... It's missing the frizzen.

it's a decorative prop piece, a wall hanger
I'll second this.

Long ago a friend of mines' father worked for ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia and had the walls of his game room at his house (in the US!) covered with wall hangers like this he bought there.

While at a glance or from a distance they looked almost real but a close inspection revealed the locks and other parts were designed non-functional to differentiate them from 'working' guns.

One image would have shown most of us what it was.

Take a look at Oldbear63's avatar to see what a real flintlock looks like.

Just promise us that you really, REALLY won't try to shoot it - mind you, how you'd do that, with lock geometry invented by Salvador Dali, I'm not certain.

Absolutely a replica (zink cast, non-firing). Couldn't be made to fire anything! Probably isn't worth much being it's missing parts (frizzen) the company who makes them is called "Denix" from spain. I actually have been collecting these things for maybe 30 years. My wife and kids know I like them and they're affordable options to otherwise very expensive guns real or reproductions. They know I'll smoke every time they give me one. Most times they're incredibly accurate copies of real guns with working actions, ect.
I'd say, pack it away with your pirate costume and enjoy it for what it is.
Neil

The company is also known as "Collectors Armory"
I'm sure you'll find the model there and you can adjust your sale price accordingly.
Neil

Back