• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cajun Spice Mix

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediclimber

36 Cal.
Reaction score
This mix is a basic Cajun mix very similar to Paul Prudohme's Cajun Magic.

2 1/2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Salt
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Tablespoon Thyme

Mix them all together and grind in a spice or coffee grinder. Another mix I keep in a quart mason jar.

How about a shrimp recipe to go with it”¦..I Luvs my shrimp. :thumbsup:

Twice.

Here's a good one.

Jambalaya shrimp
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
2 cups rice
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup diced andouille sausage
1 pound shrimp, de-veined
1 16 oz can crushed tomatoes
Cajun spice mix to taste

1. mix butter and oil in pot over medium heat.
2. saute onion, pepper, and celery till onion is a nice golden brown.
3. Add sausage and cook till browned evenly.
4. Add chicken stock and rice, cover and cook till rice is fluffy, about 20 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and tomatoes cover and turn down to medium low. Let cook about 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
6. Season to taste with the Cajun mix. A little hot sauce won't hurt either.
7. Set to low, serve, keep extra covered, if there is any. A good crusty bread with garlic butter goes well with this as does an ice cold beer.

Back