• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Meat in da been pot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit to the above recipe:
Added fresh slivered ginger to the aromatics, because it was in the fridge, and needed to be used up. About 2 Tbsp worth. Ginger also happens to be a common ingredient in Middle Eastern cooking.

I also added 2 whole clove buds, 3 broken tips off of a star anise, and some allspice berries . And, since I had them on hand, and to pay tribute to the OP's bean pot; I put in two, 15oz cans of garbanzo beans. Recipe to follow. Went into the oven at 300°F at 4:35 P.M., EDT.

1lb ground lamb-- salt & pepper
2 Tbsp canola oil
3 med yellow onions, 1/2" dice
5 lg cloves garlic, rough chop
1"×3" pc fresh ginger, 3/4" slivers
1 1/4lb baby carrots, cut in thirds
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 whole clove buds
2 Tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
3 broken tips off star anise
1 Tbsp allspice berries
1 Tbsp black peppercorns
2 cans, 15oz, garbanzo beans
33oz, 1l, filtered water (Big Berkey)
4 envelopes Goya chicken bouillon powder

The broth tasted great, just before I put it in the oven to braise.

Probably serve with 50/50 white/brown rice.

Last edited:
Forgot to add to the recipe. Didn't realize until I just tasted it as it came out of the oven.

1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1Tbsp oregano leaves

Two edits. That's what you get for being old, and not writing anything down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back