• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Birthday Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowhouse

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Got im on my 61st Birthday. Rifle is LH halfstock South Carolina style that I built in 1986 and this was my first buck with it. Load 75 g Goex and .495 patched RB. No scope, bad eyes, no sabots, inlines.........yehaaa! Couldn't have been better unless it had been my flinter. Wish I could have gotten a camera (left mine at house)before we processed him...200 lbs on the hoof. He came up by my tree stand and as he nibbled on some browse I drilled him right down between the shoulder blades. Dropped him DRT. Was in awkward position having to turn far to my left.

This moment was very special to me even though it almost ended in cardiac arrest! Wasn't nervous at all, but after the shot my heart went into overdrive and I was helpless to do anything for 15 minutes or more. With my heart still beating a couple hundred times a minute I managed to climb a hill and walk 1/4 mile to my 4 wheeler where I could get a call out on my cell. Wasn't a pleasant experience. Went to Doc and he changed my BP medicine. Two weeks later I shot a 7 point buck during rifle season and experienced no problems at all. All us old farts really outghta get checked out before deer season. :shocked2:

]Buck[/url]

I couldn't get the link to work for me so here is where I posted it on the SASSWIRE:[url] http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85388[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your deer! (link wouldn't work for me)
:hatsoff:

Yes, a lot of men with heart issues can get in trouble deer hunting...I've already had a 4X bypass and think about it everytime a real shooter starts getting close and I feel the heart rate pick up. Too bad we don't have a fast acting beta blocker capsule that works as fast as nitroglycerine...carry it in our cheek and crush it when big daddy starts to get close :rotf:

BuckRifle.jpg

Yes, a good one...and seeing that photo that buck is even all the more special...first of all, the gosh-darn lock is on the wrong side of the rifle and the Flint is missing too!

That is a mighty fine buck! The rifle is nice too!! Too bad that the photomat got the negative reversed. :wink:

BTW Yellowhouse, welcome to the M/L Forum! And Happy Birthday! :thumbsup: Lots of info here and as you can see some comedians too. :grin: GW

Yellowhouse,
Nice Buck!Congrats!
I liked the comment on that other site whwere buddy said "Dang!You shot the head clean off of it!Did ya find the rest of it?" :wink: :grin:
Welcome to the forum!

Hello from Germany!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil. Nice buck and nice rifle!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Don't want to go before it's time, but when it's my time I can't think of a better way than just after shooting a nice buck! And I hope I'm two miles back in the swamp and it takes 'em three days to find me, plus a full one more to get me - and the buck - back out! :rotf:

Latest posts

Back