• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Source for RoundBall?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonym

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Haven't quite got into the whole casting process yet, so I'm hunting for roundballs at a reasonable price that won't charge an arm and a leg to ship. Every place I find them reasonably priced, shipping is either $9 or $12.50. Anybody else have a source that can get them to me cheaper? Been buying .50 and .45 at Bass Pro, but I've added a .36 rifle to the mix and NEED MORE LEAD!

Thanks!
Anonym

I gotta tell ya...having just got started in "casting" myself....DO IT. Get the mold and some lead. Both cheaper by far then 4 box's of commercial balls and just go to it.... NOT hard to do at all, MUCH Cheaper, and Mucho satisfying!!! :thumbsup:

I agree, you can buy a mold and some lead and make up the cost real quick. Shipping is always the problem because of the weight of the lead.

Anonym said:
Haven't quite got into the whole casting process yet, so I'm hunting for roundballs at a reasonable price that won't charge an arm and a leg to ship. Every place I find them reasonably priced, shipping is either $9 or $12.50. Anybody else have a source that can get them to me cheaper? Been buying .50 and .45 at Bass Pro, but I've added a .36 rifle to the mix and NEED MORE LEAD!

Thanks!
Anonym
Eddie May Round Balls
159 Ridley Rd.
Chatsworth, GA. 30705
706-581-8225
“Best Quality Round Balls, Minnie, Rifle Bullets and Modern Cast Bullets”
Please Call or Write to place Order

Best combination of price/quality of commercial cast balls I've seen...he sells to Dixie, has a booth at Friendship, etc.

I've used a few hundred of his .395's and .600's both at the range and for hunting...he ships in USPS flat rate boxes so shipping is minimal. No website or Email, have to call him...order 500-1000 so the shipping is practically nothing per 100

Thanks for the replies. Definitely want to get into casting, just haven't done it yet. I'll check into it but will probably pick up a box somewhere in the mean time.

Thanks again!
Anonym

roundball said:
Anonym said:

Thanks!
Anonym
Eddie May Round Balls
159 Ridley Rd.
Chatsworth, GA. 30705
706-581-8225
“Best Quality Round Balls, Minnie, Rifle Bullets and Modern Cast Bullets”
Please Call or Write to place Order

Best combination of price/quality of commercial cast balls I've seen...he sells to Dixie, has a booth at Friendship, etc.

I've used a few hundred of his .395's and .600's both at the range and for hunting...he ships in USPS flat rate boxes so shipping is minimal. No website or Email, have to call him...order 500-1000 so the shipping is practically nothing per 100

:thumbsup: Eddie is very knowledgeable and a great guy to work with. I usually cast my own but when considering a new ball size, will get a supply from Eddie to try before buying a mold.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I recently made a purchase of 1000 balls in a mix of .490,.440 and .454 from Eddie. $80 including the shipping. Can't beat $8/100. For me this is easily a year supply.He will sell smaller quantities but I thought it best to maximize on the flat rate shipping charge.

Since you are in Southern Indiana, all you have to do is to make a run to Friendship for the Spring shoot. You can get all of the balls of every size that you want from the vendors that are there. I live in Seymour, IN and am more than willing to teach you all I know about casting balls. Then all you have to do is to buy a Lee mold and Lee pot, some lead and go to it. I have a mold that casts .350 balls and we can cast up a few for you. Right now, my lead suply is pretty good so I'll even supply a couple pounds of lead to get you started.

If you would rather just buy some balls to hold you until the Spring shoot at Friendship, I am pretty sure that Deer Creek Products in Waldron, IN carries them. You can look them up and give them a call and see if they have what you want. Waldron is just North East of Seymour and shouldn't be a long of a drive from wherever you live in Southern Indiana.

I found 10 lbs of Hornady 000 buckshot (.350 diameter) for just under $50, including shipping, from GunsFishingCampingcom. That is about a nickel per round--shipped.

I shoot Hornady 000 buck in my .36 caliber Thompson Seneca and it works just fine.

Good luck.

Lobo

Thanks for the info and the offers guys! I'm definitely planning a trip to Friendship this spring, so hopefully I can pick up either enough balls to get me through for a while, or pick up some gear to start casting my own.

Flintlock's Inc. is located in Nineveh, Indiana. They set up at the shoots at Friendship, but you can call them to find out their shop hours at (317)933-3441.

Back