• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Quality RB's for .62cal Smoothbore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Is there one best brand of .62cal round balls?
Specifically looking for good quality .595 diameter balls.

For example, I've tried Warren .600's and there was so much ball-to-ball diameter variance that I don't want Warrens...looking for a majority opinion on a top quality, reliable brand.

Thanks

RiverRat said:
I was told that Warren rb's are not pure lead and could be hard side.
Dunno...they are advertised as pure lead "spruless" cast balls, run through tumblers, etc.
I used a couple boxes of .550's years ago with a TC .56cal S/B and they were excellent...but tried a couple boxes of .600s last fall in a GM .62cal and had to abort the range trip as about half of them would not load due to being oversize...got home and mic'd them, they were all over the map...was hoping somebody knew of a good quality alternative.

Buffalo Bullet company makes a 600 and 610 that works great out of my 30"62/20 H+A. fred :hatsoff:

As long as they'll go down the barrel with a little resistance, I don't think it matter who made them or what alloy they are made of. In a rifle they should be soft.

fw said:
Buffalo Bullet company makes a 600 and 610 that works great out of my 30"62/20 H+A. fred :hatsoff:

Fred, what source do you use? I've checked the Internet and:

1) Can't find a Buffalo Bullet Company website;
2) The largest BB round balls I found are .570's:

Casting your own is out of the question? It's great mental and physical therapy.

Sir Michael said:
Casting your own is out of the question? It's great mental and physical therapy.
+1,casting your own is the only way to go if you have the time and a small work bench to work on. :thumbsup:

Here are the Buffalo Bullet company .600 RB. They don't seem to make .595.
[url] http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_99_311_312&products_id=2216[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that TOW carries pure lead .595's made by Rush Creek, are consistent in quality, etc...ordered some last night...thanks all.

:hmm:
Wouldn't it be a hoot to get a Turkey in April and a Buck in November with this new GM .62cal Flint Smoothbore barrel...

Back