• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Tip Curtis 62 Caliber Flintlock Fusil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLCranford3

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for stopping in. For your consideration is a older Tip Curtis fusil/fowler. This smoothbore is iron mounted and is stocked in beautifully figured walnut. It features an older L&R Fusil Lock with a octagonal to round 44 inch long .62 caliber smoothbore barrel. There are handling marks and chips gone here and there on the stock and at the tang. I was told by the seller when I acquired this fusil that he thought it to be 30 to 40 years old? It is my opinion that this was one of Tip's Kits that someone assembled in either case it has a nice been there done that look and feel. The fusil has an overall length of 59.5 inches and weighs approximately 7 pounds. The browned barrel is fitted with a German silver front sight and a brass/bronze vent liner. Tip left us last year, there won't be any more of these being made from his Tennessee shop. The bore is very good and the gun shoots patched .595 roundballs very well. I have not patterned it with shot yet but round ball at 50 yards will do a number on steel silhouettes. Please feel free to ask any questions. I will do my best to answer them to the best of my ability. I am asking $1200 (OBO) shipping included. I will accept all forms of checks, Money orders, or very discreet paypals. Thank you ever so much for looking.

Attachments

• Fus02.jpg
    Fus02.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Fus10.jpg
    Fus10.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • fus09.jpg
    fus09.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Fus08.jpg
    Fus08.jpg