• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best movie fight sceen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit out of our time frame, but in the movie Tombstone when Curt Russel (Wyatt Earp) and his band of vigilante lawmen are pinned down and under cross fire along the river. Wyatt gets this glassy look in his eyes as he just stands up and walks into the river with his guns a blazeing, taking out Curly Bill and scareing off the rest of the "cowboys". "Have you ever seen anything like that before?" "He11, I've never even heard of anything like that before!" " Hey Doc, Have you seen Wyatt?" "Ya, he's down by the river, walkin on the water!" Classic!

One of my favorites is the brief gunfight in "Shane" with Alan Ladd and Jack Palance. That flying leap backwards Jack Palance took with guns blazing was a pretty epic way to die!

The boarding of the privateer in Master and Commander was pretty intense.. :hmm:

Staying within the proper time period, I like the final fight in LOTM. But I also like the battle after the Brits have surrendered the fort. It shows what the firearms of the period could do and the shortcomings of some of the tactics. The knife and tomahawk fighting was especially interesting.

(After the 1866 period, it would be the final shoot out in Quigley Down Under.)

Jeff

Lonesome Dove where Woodrow beat the army scout. Not so much a "fight", more of a world class ass whooping.

Lonesome Dove, when Robert Duval gives the sassy bar-keep a slap in the chops with his dragoon.
Simple, clean, and right!
No more sass from that sucker, after that!
And it certainly took out any fight he might have in him!
Hate to see a scene where there is a lot of bobbing and weaving going on, moving furniture, wrestling & hugging....too much stageing
Mr. Duval is my hero!
Fred

Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo -the final scene where Toshiro Mifune, armed only with a kitchen knife, takes on an entire group of villains. One giant has a huge mallet, and the chief villain has come back from Tokyo with an early Smith & Wesson. It's right around 1866, and the entire movie has some of the greatest sword fighting ever captured on film. Sergio Leone remade the movie as A Fistful of Dollars, and Bruce Willis did a remake called Last Man Standing.

Of course, The Magnificent Seven was based on the Kurosawa film The Seven Samurai, and George Lucas said his inspiration for Star Wars was Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress.

If you haven't seen any Kurosawa films, start with The Seven Samurai or Yojimbo, and you'll be hooked.

I gotta agree with the deadwood fight scene, that was an outright fight to the finnish. After seeing that one I had to get all of the dvds.

Those are all good! I would add the fight in the BBQ/soda shop in the movie "Second Hand Lions". Notice how many of these scenes include Robert Duvall:)

I always like the old sword fight scenes, maybe Captain Blood,with Errol Flynn n Basil Rathbone or the Vikings with Kirk Douglas n Tony Curtis, actually favorite character in that one was Ernie Borgnine as Ragnar, jumpping into that pit of starveing wolves. Best comady skit had to be Harrison Ford shooting that big arab with the huge scimatar :blah: :haha: :thumbsup:

Oh my gosh people... :shocked2:

Ever heard of JEREMIAH JOHNSON???

It was this movie back in 1972 that launched a whole new era in the Muzzleloading/Reenactment scene.....

The scene where a vengeful Robert Redford (ya I know, never mind his politics or the chances of one White guy REALLY taking out five Indians) rides up on the camp of the Crow war party is a well-choreographed classic, with the unforgettable ending of the last Crow standing in the snow singing his death song.

Other classic fight scenes.... all of 'em in Rob Roy, two of them over so quick it was done almost before the swords were drawn, and the duel at the end is tremendous.

Kurasawa is a classic director, but who has seen the more recent "Twilight Samurai"? Two GREAT fight scenes. Just like is true of reenacting, when they strive for accurate fight scenes the authenticity comes shining through somehow.

Neither fight scene is carefully cut and paste like Cruise in his samurai flick, instead both are shown in long cuts where none of the sheer athleticism, speed and skill are faked.

In the first the reluctant hero, armed only with a wooden short sword, takes on a braggart samurai. The second where he takes on a crazed assassin in a house equals anything by Kurasawa (and that is high praise indeed).

Birdwatcher

colmoultrie said:
Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo -the final scene where Toshiro Mifune, armed only with a kitchen knife, takes on an entire group of villains. One giant has a huge mallet, and the chief villain has come back from Tokyo with an early Smith & Wesson. It's right around 1866, and the entire movie has some of the greatest sword fighting ever captured on film. Sergio Leone remade the movie as A Fistful of Dollars, and Bruce Willis did a remake called Last Man Standing.

Of course, The Magnificent Seven was based on the Kurosawa film The Seven Samurai, and George Lucas said his inspiration for Star Wars was Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress.

If you haven't seen any Kurosawa films, start with The Seven Samurai or Yojimbo, and you'll be hooked.

Absolutely, not to mention Sanjaro (inspiration for the movie "For a Few Dollars More") and Ran (Macbeth told via Samurai Genre) as well. Absolutely amazing dircetor.

:idunno: may as well , I just thought we were sort of all on the same time warp give or take a year or two . :)

Fight scene...pre 1865.....
Lots of good ones. One worth mentioning is the final fencing duel between Andre Moreau (Stewart Granger) and the Marquis de Maynes (Mel Ferrer) in the period flic "Scaramouche".
One that echoes back from my childhood (I wonder how good it actually was) is the final scene in "Davy Crockett at the Alamo" (1955) with Davy (Fess Parker)!swinging his Tennessee rifle like a club as he was surrounded by soldiers of the Mexican Army.

Latest posts

Back