• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best movie fight sceen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargent

62 Cal.
Reaction score
My vote is from the Patriot when Mel and the 2 youngest son's rescue the eldest son, it's got .
every thing good tatics, good shooting, and up close and dirty hand to hand.

Bested by a bedtime story best line ever :rotf:

Lottsa great ones.
First to mind;
*Spartacus [short sword] fighting Draba [trident] in matched pairs sequence
* The Wild Bunch finale
*Sgt. Ryan [opening beach scene]
*Far side of the World [trick attack on Spaniard]
more........

Open Range
last 10 minutes of LOTM
Sherman Tanks rescuing dug in Easy Co in Band of Brothers, the big Ma Deuce.50" Boop Boop Boop Boop."
The closing segment of To Hell and Back

Fantasy side I have to go with princess bride duel between wesley and indigo " I'm not left handed" lol, Last of the mohicans had a few I liked especially the war club scene when daddy takes out the killer of his son. Patriot as was earlier mentioned love a good hawk fight when it goes past throwing it. lots of others but not enough room to list them all.

You mentioned THE PRINCESS BRIDE. I love the scene where the Count say "Kill the dark one and the giant, but leave the third for questioning." Then in just a few seconds Inigo kills all the royal guards..................watch yer top knot..................

THERES TWO Open Range when Costner gets down n dirty and Appalossa when Vigo Mortenson n ED ?? are laying in the street, after the fight, Ed answers Vigo's statement with "they knew how to shoot'. had to love that big ol 8 guage Vigo carried around LOL

As soon as the word"movie" was used,All PCness & HCness went out the door..............
i liked the first Raiders of the Lost Ark gunfight in the bar in Nepal :stir:

Gunfight in the bar was great! How about the "gunfight" in the market when Mirriam goes missing? The guy with the sword found out why gunpowder became popular... that weren't no "fight". :rotf: I'd been waiting for such a scene for many years of movie going.

LD

Off of pc, Desperado's bar shootout is one of the best. Last man Standing has several, and Shoot'em Up is chuck full start to finish.
But my favorite gun fight is the duel in The Good The Bad And The Ugly.
My favorite fight of all time is the last scene in Rob Roy. The best sword fight of all time.

If we're not limiting it to 1865 then I'd have to say in Deadwood, the fight in the street between Dan and The Captain". That was how you do "realistic"!

The Count of Monte Cristo (latest one with Jim Caviziel) flintlock and swords at the end.

The sword fight at the end of the Erik flynn movie robin hoodbasil rathbone, who played the sheriff, actually had been a Fencing competitor in college

Liam Neeson' sword fight scene at the end of Rob Roy. I really didn't think he was going to make it. The fight between the 2 King's Champions in El Cid was another good one, but my all time favorite has to be just about all the fight scene's in The Wind and The Lion, but especially the one where Sean Connery goes after Candice Bergen and rescues her and her children, singlehandly.

There are several fight scenes that qualify as great and realistic. 1. Spencer Tracey in "Bad Day at Black Rock". 2. Stacy Keach in the bar fight in "The 9th Configuration".

While hand to hand and not period they are true to trained fighting technique. Still not period but at least black powder is the great saloon gunfight in "The Unforgiven".

Another great fight scene was when Woodrow McCall beat the hell out of the army scout in Lonesome Dove.

Latest posts

Back