• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel Pin Locating Jig

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I would share this little gadget I made to help me find where to drill my barrel and pipe pins. It's very easy to make and use and works very well.
1) Lay the block across the top of the barrel Channel above where the pin will go, with the dowel in the center of the barrel channel.
2) Press the dowel down until it reaches the bottom of the barrel channel
3) Lay the block across both sids of your barrel channel with the dowel on the outside.
4) Mark where the bottom of the barrel is on both sides of the stock
5) Use a drilling jig if you have one and with the barrel/pipes inplace drill through and you're set to go.

Attachments

• Pinning Jig 1.jpg
    Pinning Jig 1.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Pinning Jig 2a.jpg
    Pinning Jig 2a.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Pinning Jig 2b.jpg
    Pinning Jig 2b.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Pinning Jig 4.jpg
    Pinning Jig 4.jpg