• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ram Rod Hole drifted up to barrel channel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some further checks by drilling through the bottom of the barrel channel and measuring the thickness of the web with the ram rod installed. It appears I actually have close to 3/16" at the point where the front lock bolt will be installed. I'm thinking between tapering the ram rod and notching the barrel, if necessary, I may be able to make it work. I'll update this post as I go.

I have no idea what any of you guys are talking about :dunno: :dunno::dunno::dunno:
Then don't worry about it Buy a Pecatonica or a Fort hill and you should'nt have their problems & I allways filled the slot in Fort Hill pre shapes .Not sure they still trade but nothing wrong with their blanks If Pecatonica gives you the nicest pre shape I know of but I've not bought any such for over twenty years so stock from walnut planks or any native wood that lends its self for stocking and never seen a Kibler or a Chambers kit if Ime sure there all fine .
Rudyard

After some further checks by drilling through the bottom of the barrel channel and measuring the thickness of the web with the ram rod installed. It appears I actually have close to 3/16" at the point where the front lock bolt will be installed. I'm thinking between tapering the ram rod and notching the barrel, if necessary, I may be able to make it work. I'll update this post as I go.
Marietta was a town I knew well made guns enjoyed a drink on the' Becky Thatcher 'Knew the Campus Martious staff '.Fought' on Blennerhassett Island CW reenactment good memories.
Regards Rudyard

Back