• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Banded Day Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
Just finished this up for one of our brothers in arms. A smaller version of my banded horns. A nice day horn only 12" without the wood stopper.
This one has 3 rings on the body pinned in place with birch pins. The fourth ring is all the way at the top and completes the bee hive look. The bee hive itself is American walnut with a bit of curl in the grain, seated with bees wax and also pinned. Sealed with 4 coats of Permalyn and tipped with a brushed brass finial and swivel ring.
The lower end is white tail deer antler and a birch plug. This horn is very air tight.
A little harder making small horns but fun just the same. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 96
Very nice ! Those ring bands always puzzle me. I wonder how many other horns I would have to cut up to get a band to fit over the project horn... :dunno: :thumb::cool:

I am going to be the very fortunate recipient of this fine horn which will be mated to my .36 Kibler SMR that is just receiving the final coats of finish. I can't wait to get both of them in the field for squirrel and rabbits in the coming weeks.

I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out and usually these things look even better in person! Thanks, Ames. :thumb:

Back