• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another new project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:
I know my horn pics. are getting old, but here's one I just finished this horn this morning. I started on it back in January, but a few things came up and I got side tracked.
It's for a customer/member who is one of my best friends in the world. I couldn't figure out how to attach the strap and keep it in line without twisting. I tried twisted Silver wire, but it kept snapping off when I twisted it, so I ended up forging a split ring type of clip and strap staple. I think it looks pretty good. The strap is only 1/2" wide and I didn't use a buckle or any adjustment method. It hangs about perfect on me. I kept it as PC as I could. The spout plug and cap are Black Walnut. I tacked in the cap with solid Copper nails then wax sealed it where it meets the horn. It has my signature and logo on the strap and my signature Acorn finial with a threaded insert for easy filling. It has my Leather washer/gasket to seal the fill hole too. I know some of y'all don't like my Acorn finials, but they've been my method of filling for 40+ years. I'm 74 next week and I'll probably NOT change that now? :thumb:
The horn started out mostly White, but I used my "process" to make it Chocolate Brown, it's permanent.
I hope someone (besides the owner) likes it? I have to make another one by the end of August. Hopefully that one will come out the same?
Thank you for any feedback, positive or otherwise. Sorry for the picture quality. I'm not as good at it as a lot of the guys here are.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• New projects 06-10-2023 001.JPG
    New projects 06-10-2023 001.JPG
    414 KB · Views: 5
  • New projects 06-10-2023 002.JPG
    New projects 06-10-2023 002.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 0
  • New projects 06-10-2023 003.JPG
    New projects 06-10-2023 003.JPG
    408.8 KB · Views: 0
  • New projects 06-10-2023 004.JPG
    New projects 06-10-2023 004.JPG
    430.9 KB · Views: 0
  • New projects 06-10-2023 005.JPG
    New projects 06-10-2023 005.JPG
    445.3 KB · Views: 0
  • New projects 06-10-2023 008.JPG
    New projects 06-10-2023 008.JPG
    398.9 KB · Views: 0
I know my horn pics. are getting old, but here's one I just finished this horn this morning. I started on it back in January, but a few things came up and I got side tracked.
It's for a customer/member who is one of my best friends in the world. I couldn't figure out how to attach the strap and keep it in line without twisting. I tried twisted Silver wire, but it kept snapping off when I twisted it, so I ended up forging a split ring type of clip and strap staple. I think it looks pretty good. The strap is only 1/2" wide and I didn't use a buckle or any adjustment method. It hangs about perfect on me. I kept it as PC as I could. The spout plug and cap are Black Walnut. I tacked in the cap with solid Copper nails then wax sealed it where it meets the horn. It has my signature and logo on the strap and my signature Acorn finial with a threaded insert for easy filling. It has my Leather washer/gasket to seal the fill hole too. I know some of y'all don't like my Acorn finials, but they've been my method of filling for 40+ years. I'm 74 next week and I'll probably NOT change that now? :thumb:
The horn started out mostly White, but I used my "process" to make it Chocolate Brown, it's permanent.
I hope someone (besides the owner) likes it? I have to make another one by the end of August. Hopefully that one will come out the same?
Thank you for any feedback, positive or otherwise. Sorry for the picture quality. I'm not as good at it as a lot of the guys here are.
God bless:
Two Feathers
You're as good as anybody😉

God bless:
Two Feathers
Very neat idea, but I respectfully do not see the benefit for me. The hole in the plug is still going to need a funnel. Guess I am too lazy to do what you did. Nice job!
Larry

Very neat idea, but I respectfully do not see the benefit for me. The hole in the plug is still going to need a funnel. Guess I am too lazy to do what you did. Nice job!
Larry
Larry:
I'm sorry, but short of coming to fill it for you, that's best I can do.:~))
Thanks for the feedback and compliment.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Looks great!
TDM:
Thanks my friend. It took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but the new owner wasn't in a hurry? He kept insisting that I take my time, knowing my situation.
I'm certainly NO horn artist like a lot of the guys here. I only make "users." I can't get fancy, NO artistic ability.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Really like its Original Antique look and sheen. Definitely will be a Great Hunter Horn. And I’m very happy to see and read you’re getting better all the time enjoying what you enjoy!!! Keep it up, Reds

God bless:
Two Feathers
Excellent work, as always, Dave. I really like the color you achieved on the horn.

God bless:
Two Feathers
two feathers what a great horn. It's a good working horn . The beauty is in the subtlety of it. Great job, Bruce

Really like its Original Antique look and sheen. Definitely will be a Great Hunter Horn. And I’m very happy to see and read you’re getting better all the time enjoying what you enjoy!!! Keep it up, Reds
Reds:
Thanks. I'm not where I should be yet, but I'm working at it. I have 2 followups at the end of this month. We'll see what happens? I could end up back in the hospital if they can't figure why I'm always so exhausted. 5 minutes after I get up I need to go back to sleep? Walking 30 feet plays me out?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Reds:
Thanks. I'm not where I should be yet, but I'm working at it. I have 2 followups at the end of this month. We'll see what happens? I could end up back in the hospital if they can't figure why I'm always so exhausted. 5 minutes after I get up I need to go back to sleep? Walking 30 feet plays me out?
God bless:
Two Feathers
prayers for you two feathers. Bruce

Latest posts

Back