• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Atten all elk hunters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been almost a year since I posted anything, but the fall of the year is almost here. Last year I killed a very good bull elk with my hawken. Got him mounted and now he's on the wall...... Get you huntin gear ready, time to get your winters meat good luck

Attachments

• 0707230840b.jpg
    0707230840b.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 0930221351.jpg
    0930221351.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
It's a hand made j s hawken. It was made in 1980. It's .54 cal inch and one eight to inch 34 inch barrel. The barrel is an old h and h no longer made. Very high quality rifle
It looks fantasti, I think you should start a thread to show us this rifle.

It looks fantasti, I think you should start a thread to show us this rifle.
Here is my hawken rifle. .54 cal cutlet maple stock. 34 inch barrel. Inch an a eight to inch h and h brand. No longer being made. If I load it up just to take it along for the day, I put 90 grains of 3f Goex in it. When I hunt I put 125 grains of 3f Goex and always a patched round ball. If that heavy load don't kill them it will drag them to death

Attachments

• 0829231147.jpg
    0829231147.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 0829231146.jpg
    0829231146.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Here is my hawken rifle. .54 cal cutlet maple stock. 34 inch barrel. Inch an a eight to inch h and h brand. No longer being made. If I load it up just to take it along for the day, I put 90 grains of 3f Goex in it. When I hunt I put 125 grains of 3f Goex and always a patched round ball. If that heavy load don't kill them it will drag them to death
Love that set up and beautiful elk 😁

Nice rifle and a great bull! We have some good bulls here in PA but with such a small population, super hard to draw a tag. If I do though, I have a nice Lehigh flintlock .58 I'm gonna carry.

Latest posts

Back