• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody polish the inside of their smoothie barrel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bare-ball is something I thought I'd never try, but these bare-ball guys are making me curious. But my question is, how is it faster than a patched ball, loaded from a loading block, when you still have to put something down the bore on top of the ball?

On peeing down barrels, my take on that was that it made a good solvent, and was a way to clean your barrel quickly in battle, when the rifle (or pistol) became so fouled that it was becoming impossible to load it, when water was in short supply, or there was no water. ??

its faster and easier to load because there is less cleaning involved between shots, less resistance from the fouling when loading. plus I can tie a cartridge wih op, 1/2" fiber wad ball and an os card on top. thear the cartridge from the bottom, put into muzzle and push with my thumb... then seat the whole thing with ramrod. ( this does require a cleaner bore as all of the components together will be tough to load in a fouled bore) but is good for a quick second shot. but really, when was the last time you ahd to worry about a quick second shot with a BP gun? lol. The bid draw is the ease with which the individual component are loaded, and the more than reasonable accuracy you get. A tight fitting patch and ball in a smoothie can be a bear to load

Latest posts

Back