• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any DIY Cylinder Loaders?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Range Quality 44 cal. Ammo.jpg

Good range quality paper cartridges from Track of the Wolf and Dixie Gun Works.

Bolt style.
This first one works best when loading 3 balls at a time to balance the washer so they will load evenly.
Depending on the amount of powder loaded, the loading needs to be finished by ramming the balls all of the way down by hand using a dowel or rod.

View attachment 8870

View attachment 8871

View attachment 8872

View attachment 8873

View attachment 8874
This next one can load a full cylinder of a .31's. Depending on the amount of powder loaded, the loading needs to be finished by ramming the balls all of the way down by hand using a dowel or rod. The brass cups help to keep the washer from spinning when the bolt and nut are tightened down. There's a PVC cup on the bottom to help protect the cylinder ratchet teeth.

View attachment 8875

View attachment 8876
I like the bolt style, and I'd probably figure out how much grits filler would be needed so that the initial crank-down would have the balls seated without additional ramming.

LD

I find myself still using my "press" with paper cartridges. Does anyone feel the rammer alone could take care of the loading without putting too much stress on the frame . I shoot a brasser.

Latest posts

Back