• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Left Coaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroncaTAL

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I am another newbie to frontloading from Oregon. I am currently building a Lyman Great Plains. This is my first black powder and am having a good time researching and planning how to finish it. I'm also not in any real hurry to get it done (savoring the experience).
Scott

Welcome Scott.
The Great Plains will make you a very good rifle for hunting or target.
I must warn you though. Black powder is very addictive, once you get a taste of it you can't get enough :grin: :hatsoff:

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

I connected up with a local Black Powder group and my son and I went to one of their shoots. I was looking at all the stuff that goes along with this; short starters, patch knives, patches, nipple picks, range box, ball removers, etc., etc. I thought to myself "What in the world have I got myself into???" :winking:

41Aeronca,
Welcome!
I'm in Oregon also, where did you and your son go shoot?
I have been making all my stuff, boxes, bags, short strarters, range rods, patches, balls, throwing knives ect. would be willing to share what I'velearned. Building a gun as well, older TC hawken that was missing all the screws, gunna be nice!
Let us know where you are shooting and definetly post some pics of you GPR when you get it finished!

Brett

Scott,
Welcome to the MLF, glad to have you
with us. When first getting started in M/L
it can be intimidating, but it's really not.
Once you have the gun, all oter items are
priced very reasonable. Of course that's not to say you can't spend some big bucks on the other
items because you can, but it is really not
necessary, especially for one just getting started. Any questions you may have most likely can be answered right here at the MLF.
Hope you will visit often and contribute
when you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup:

I don't consider it intimidating at all, it looks to be one heck of a fun challenge!
Scott

It is! And it is addicting too. Since I started shooting BP last year, my modern guns keep getting traded off for more muzzleloaders...

Back