• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Friendship Woods Walk Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowhammer

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'll call them Monday, but it being the weekend thought I'd go ahead and ask here: In the 701 and 711 Woods Walk matches [link], are you restricted to using PRB's only?

I don't see any mention of the type of bullets for the WW matches. I looked in the Rules and Regulations and didn't find anything at all about the WW. I recall a friend shooting it once with a civil war musket using paper cartridges and some big ol' bullets. Definitely call the office to double check.

41129F86-566B-4891-9263-4EF03B369307.jpeg

I'll call them Monday, but it being the weekend thought I'd go ahead and ask here: In the 701 and 711 Woods Walk matches [link], are you restricted to using PRB's only?
From the Range rules: 1170–AMMUNITIOn Projectile is patched round ball except as noted in program or special rules. The only woodswalk match that list other than round ball is the Hunter match 731.

Just got off the phone w/NMLRA. Nice lady said there is no ammo stated for Woods Walks 701 & 711, i.e. "run what you brung". She says people routinely shoot the CW muskets w/minie balls on woods walks. The patched ball requirement is for "Primitive" matches and others, and it will be listed if it is a requirement. 701 & 711 are not Primitive.

Latest posts

Back