• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

An Interesting Book on the use of ML's in North America

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garryd

32 Cal
Reaction score
John Palliser explored the Canadian west as leader of a surveying expedition. He wrote SOLITARY RAMBLES AND ADVENTURES OF A HUNTER IN THE PRAIRIES. It was published in 1853. In it, he relates information on his guns and their use in the expedition. This book can be found on-line at various sites where it can be read for free.

Thanks for mention it. I just downloaded the book (free) as a PDF and look forward to reading it. The PDF lets me enlarge the type, helpful for aging eyes, and search as needed. Besides interest in the subject, I often enjoy writing from that period.

Jeff

Back