• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

AMR 12 Gauge Drop In barrel...Info please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragnetbill

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought some estate sale goodies last week and included was a barrel marked AMR; 12 GA. Black Powder only; It is 15/16ths octogon to round and marked Toledo Armas on the top flat; Made in Spain on the bottom flat; it is 28" muzzle to breech plug and percussion. It has two ram rod thimbles on short blocks. I pulled the barrel from my T/C Hawken and it dropped right in and lined up perfectly for wedge and hammer strike.
I did a quick search, but, found nothing about these barrels. I saw a thread on a different forum about Navy Arms marked barrels made to drop in T/C Hawken that looked similar, except sporting a full rib under the thimbles.
I don't have any Spanish made Hawken types right now to check it with.
Does anyone know if these were made to fit any replicas besides the T/C Hawken?

I'm sure you could get them to fit most 1 5/16 barrel channel Italy imports especially Interarms guns. They are junk tho, I'll give you $20 bucks for scrap,LOL.

Here is a TC Hawken with a similar barrel, offered for sale.

Seller is being a little coy about the description and originality, but maybe this is the same barrel you have?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/900612099
The barrel that I have looks like that, but, without the full rib under the thimbles. That is not a Hawken stock; maybe a Pennslyvannia Hunter stock would work; they came with octogon to round barrels. In fact that would seem to make a better shotgun set up than the Hawken stock would. T/C actually made a shotgun barrel for its New Englander model, but, that barrel was round full length.

I'm sure you could get them to fit most 1 5/16 barrel channel Italy imports especially Interarms guns. They are junk tho, I'll give you $20 bucks for scrap,LOL.
Funny you should say that, the guy I bought it from (son of the previous owner) refered to it as "probably scrap." It has what I would call character rust on the outside of the barrel. I'll keep you in mind, but, I don't think I'm quite down to $20 yet.

Funny you should say that, the guy I bought it from (son of the previous owner) refered to it as "probably scrap." It has what I would call character rust on the outside of the barrel. I'll keep you in mind, but, I don't think I'm quite down to $20 yet.
Yes, the stock on the Gunbroker gun is a Renegade single trigger or Penn hunter stock,some other TC's will fit. But the Renegades have a 1" barrel channel.

AMR (also known as "Avancargas Anchu"), was a Spanish manufacturer from the city of Eibar, which made many muzzleloading guns by hand (pistols, rifles and muzzleloading shotguns). Among them, single barreled and double barreled shotguns. On the barrel you have, the manufacturer's stamps and proof must be stamped. You can also find out in which year the barrel was tested. If you put photos I can give you more information.
Greetings from Spain.

AMR (also known as "Avancargas Anchu"), was a Spanish manufacturer from the city of Eibar, which made many muzzleloading guns by hand (pistols, rifles and muzzleloading shotguns). Among them, single barreled and double barreled shotguns. On the barrel you have, the manufacturer's stamps and proof must be stamped. You can also find out in which year the barrel was tested. If you put photos I can give you more information.
Greetings from Spain.
Thanks for the reply; there is a little bit of the character rust I mentioned running through the area of proof marks making them very difficult to see. I'm going to have a busy weekend here; maybe I'll get a chance in a few days to take pictures and/or look closer.

Latest posts

Back