• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Alter existing and Build new

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caneman

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My first post so here goes.

I'm retired and need to do things frugally but I'd like to shoot preferrably a 32 cal, next a 36 cal. I also prefer to get started shooting B/P instead of waiting to build a sidehammer something and getting to shoot a year or more from now.

1. Can I buy something like a NEF and have the barrel sleeved to 32 or 36? Barrel by who? Would there be other parts or operations required?

2. Some of the comments I've seen have me a bit scared of Spanish barrels. What kits should I consider other than a Traditions to build a 32 or 36? How much extra will I have to save to get into a better quality kit? Remember Frugally.

Thanks

First off, welcome to the fold, or should I say asylum, there are sure a bunch of B/P psyco's around here.I just ordered yesterday a .32 cal. for $182.00 out the door The kit price went up $10.00 to $170.00 plus $12.00 for shipping from Union Creek Muzzleloading. These are the old CVA squirrel guns that Deer Creek of Indiana got the rights to. Pretty simple kit to assemble with minimum wood and metal work required. They can be reached at www.angelfire.com/biz/unioncreek/

Back